24|Tubbo and the festival

"On that note, let the festival begin!" Tubbo words echoed in my mind for a moment before I realised what was about to happen.

Wilbur wasn't the only one with plans of destruction today...

I hear a maniacal laugh erupt from Schlatt as he and Quackity began pinning Tubbo into a box, i didn't know what to to, I froze, it was my job to protect my people, I knew if I left the stage then Tubbo would die but what if I hadn't stopped Wilbur, what if I've only slowed him down.

Wilburs POV
I began running around to the side of the hill to where I had hidden the button, I knew Y/N would hate me but it's a sacrifice I was willing to make, not only for myself but for her, for my country, for my people and for the greater good.

I heard Tubbos screams of pain, he was still so young. Y/N and I had been placed under so much pressure at a young age but we had been trained our whole life for that pressure to be dropped at any moment, Tubbo wasn't.

Suddenly my childhood flashes before my eyes.

"Wilbur! C'mon it's not fair!" My little sister pleaded as she tried to reach for her hat that I had firm in my grasp, just high enough and out of her reach.

"Wilbur stop being mean, give Y/N her hat" I turn to the door and see my mother there, leant against its frame. Her deep black hair, resting on her shoulders, and diamond blue eyes stared lovingly at my sister and I, she was still in her L'manberg uniform, she had just gotten home.

I slowly lower the hat and place it on Y/N's head.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled as I bent down to meet her eyes. She jumps and wraps me in a hug, I pick her up and slightly spin her but not too hard, she had a tendency to throw up if I did.

She has only 10 at this point.

"BOYS GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" George and I were speeding through the field of our school as fast as we possibly could.

"YOUR MUMS GONNA FUCKING KILL US!" George screamed, cigarette after cigarette falling out his pocket as we ran.

"I KNOW!"

We were 17.

Memory after memory flash in-front of me, I remember the day my parents brought home Y/N, granted I was only 3 but that day changed my life forever, she became my top priority and it was in that moment I swore to protect her with my life, I promised myself and my parents. I broke that promise, I failed my parents again but most importantly I failed her.

I stumbled around the back of the hill and scrambled toward where the button room should be.

"Where the fuck is it" I whisper as I trail my hand along the dirt, looking for the crack in the hill.

Finally my hand falls into a gap, I peer the corner and make sure I'm not being watched and slowly step inside.

"Good bye L'manbe-"

The button is gone.

"Maybe next time Will. I'm sorry. -Y/N" Was etched onto a piece of paper tapped where the button should be.

As I stood alone, surrounded by my own insanity, I began to realise the severity of everything happening around me. The words of the L'manberg anthem, carved roughly into the stone with my nails and my nails alone, I saw my reflection in the broken glass shattered on the floor. I looked myself over, up and down. I wasn't myself. I looked down at what I was wearing, that's when I noticed the L'manberg patch. The stitches were clearly Y/N's, without a doubt. I didn't try to fix the TNT, I had no time. I had chaos to watch.