17| The Truth About Sally

TW/CW: Yelling, Arguing, Gory Imagery, Sexual, Mental and Physical Abuse.

"Omg- your so tall!" I giggled as Eret walked out in his newest platforms.

"Jesus Eret. That is terrifying." Niki says as she stands next to him. Comparing heights.

"Were all back together and it's great." Eret added.

"I just wish my entire family didn't have a target on their back. Sneaking out of meetings to come see you two....to see him." Suddenly the situation had hit me. All the emotions that I hadn't felt earlier had finally caught up to me.

I felt the tears begin to flow down my face, I felt my hands begin to shake, I felt my legs begin to give way.

Eret and Niki both ran over. Niki wiping my tears and Eret keeping hold of me making sure I didn't fall.

"I- it didn't feel like this last time. Why is he any different? I don't- I don't understand. He didn't mean THAT much did he?" I couldn't find the words to explain how I was feeling I just tried to tell myself it wasn't that bad.

"Dont let /////// get to y-"

That was the last thing I heard before it all went black. (flash backs to the end of Whos in the wrong 1 anyone?)

Eret POV
It felt nice to be able to hold her close to me, without her reminding me about Sapnap. But now wasn't the time to think about that. So we took her to Sam.

Jason's POV
"You know Fundy atleast it wasn't your real mother." Jared was arguing with Fundy again.

"My mother ran away! It's not my fault..." Fundy didn't know, did he?

"Fundy, your mother- she..." how do I break this to the kid? He knew that Wilbur started dating another Sally to get over the first one but- he didn't know she was....

"Your mothers dead Fundy. No matter what Wilbur tells you, she wasn't a 'Salmon Shapeshifter' she drowned while fishing with you. Wilbur uses 'salmon' to cope." Thats one way to do it Jar.

Fundy just stood there. "Wh-what? N-no! Your lying!"

Jared and I just shook our heads.

Sams POV
"I'm guessing it was just pure panic. She'll be fine." I say, trying to put their minds at ease.

"SAM!" Fundy comes running in.

"SHHHHHHH." We all shushed the young fox.

"Y/N? She's- back?" He asked, very confused.

"She is but if you keep yelling like that she won't be happy with you when she wakes up." Eret teased.

"Sam, my mother didn't run away did she..." Fundy asked, looking me directly in the eyes. A small flash of purple flew across them and put me off a little but I knew I had to tell this kid the truth. The Truth About Sally.

"No she didn't. You know the Sally that left with Jared wasn't your mother right?" I just had to check.

"Of course I did! She didn't even have the same hair, I'm not THAT dumb." He was getting impatient.

"Well she was your farthers sort of 're bound' after your mother passed. She drowned while fishing with you on the docks. It's why he never took you there after she 'ran away'. He calls her a salmon because of her hair. It's his coping method. Calling her a fish, so she couldn't drown." The pain on Fundys face told me all I needed to know.

Niki immediately ran over to her running mate and wrapped him in a hug. She had been more of a mother than anyone since his real mother died.

An hour later
I heard an odd noise. I look up from my book to see Y/N waking up.

Y/Ns POV
I woke up, not sure where I was as my vision was incredibly blurry. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ok?" I hear Sams voice call.

"What happened?" I ask. My vision begins to clear and I see the recognisable figures of Eret, Niki and Fundy standing behind Sam.

"You passed out. Do you remember anything?" Sam asked.

"We were in the castle. Joking about Erets new platforms." I laugh at the memory. "Then I felt all different feelings over come me."

"Don't let ////// get to yo-"

"Ok well atleast you remember. That's good. More than Dream can say." Sam whispered the last part. I look up at Fundy and I knew we were both thinking the same thing. 'Did this dumb ass just try to whisper around foxes? Jesus Christ.'

I look back to Sam. "What do you mean 'that's less than Dream could say' did I hurt him that bad?" I asked.

"No, it's was just because he was in a state of shock still, he could barley say anything." Sam laughed a little.

"Bad ass, once again Y/N." Eret laughed in response.

I look over to him and I notice the sadness lined across Fundy face.

"What happened." I didn't even pay attention to Sam telling me to say sat down, I knew my nephew needed comfort so I planned to give it.

"Why did you never tell me that Mum drowned?" He looks up at me.

"To protect you. And it helps Wilbur cope, knowing that you think she's still out there."