"For free?" I suspiciously asked.

"Unfortunately not, since werewolf packs deem she-wolves useless, while we think they can help prevent the siren's population decline even further." Kai honestly answered.

I've heard that werewolves are more fertile than sirens. I have heard that the offspring of sirens and werewolves are more healthy and fertile than sirens. Not only that, even offspring that have 75% siren gene and 25% werewolf are even more fertile than sirens.

"Ah, so you are making them bear children?" I answered with an unimpressed tone.

"Your way of thinking is too pessimistic, my dear," Kai remarked.

"In our tradition, it's very important to find a companion that you will want to live with for a thousand years. They have a right to refuse a partner who is willing to take them in. "

Indeed, for sirens, they value their partnership with their companion more than werewolves.

There are rumors male sirens get lonely and desperate once they can't find a partner, while female sirens are fine with it because overall there are more males than female sirens for that reason female sirens tend to be picky.

We arrive at the rehabilitation wing, the room a window to observe what is inside of the rehabilitation center.

"I always wondered how werewolves tend to treat those who have a disability," Kai asked a provocative question. I looked at the room and I noticed that some of the she-wolves' limbs have been replaced with robotic prosthetics and now learning how to use them properly.

I went silent since I knew exactly how they are treated in the packs. Pack members often see them as weak and useless. If they are lucky enough to be born in a supportive and rich family they can lead a decent life in the pack, but 80% of werewolves tend to reject their soulmate who has a disability.

I started shaking since I can imagine their lives before they ended up here.

If they were exiled there is no way they were treated well in the pack.

Kai noticed that I was shaking and he gently put his hand around my waist and led me out of the wing.

"Good news, they are sirens who are willing to be their mate." I sighed, if they have a partner who is willing to take care of them and love them, perhaps it's a good thing for them.

Then Kai took me to the wing that contains classrooms, as Kai explained that there are children who were caught with their mother but they don't separate mothers with their children since sirens tend to take in a mother and adopt her children.

"I noticed some of the teachers are werewolves?" I observed.

"Ah, they are the ones who were integrated into Nauloria and came back to help she-wolves with the integration by teaching or by sharing their own experience," Kai explained. Honestly, I didn't expect werewolves would volunteer in the sanctuary after they integrated.

Perhaps I was wrong?

There is also a class that explains newly arrived werewolves about the Empire of Nauloria so they could be easily integrated once they were chosen by the siren.

"Those she-wolves tend to have a sadder background." We arrived in another classroom and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but then I noticed they were learning ABC.

"Why?" I asked Kai in curiosity.

"In this classroom are werewolves who are currently illiterate but they had various sad stories that even as an adult they cannot write or read. Worse part some of them were imprisoned for most of their life and they still believed in their soulmate but in the end, once they were rescued by their soulmate, then they were sold off by their soulmate to us."

"That can't be true," I said in disbelief but Kai only nodded meaning some werewolves are aware of this organization.

"I need proof for it." I hoped that was a lie, I didn't want to believe that werewolves can be that cruel.

"Don't worry we have call logs and other evidence. " Then Kai continued.

"By now as the princess, you have access to all the data of the Moonlight Sanctuary, you can make inspections and request changes if needed. " Kai explained.

Though here werewolves have a chance to receive their happy ending, I still felt uneasy about the suffering they went through.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is Chapter 29! 

Felt a little sick when editing the chapter but I managed to edit it finaly!

As an author I tend to write what my imaginations brings me and sometimes I tend to have wild rides lol. 

As you can see Moonlight Sanctuary is kinda a grey area. 

I would love to hear your opinions about this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I will see you later my dearest alligators ! <3