chapter 18

"kingdoms fall and crowns break, but i know that my love for you will remain strong even through the worst battles

"kingdoms fall and crowns break, but i know that my love for you will remain strong even through the worst battles."

belle's pov!

it's been weeks, having spent 3 months in asgard, i think i've got somewhat the hang of it.

i started understanding a few old norse words and went to magic lessons with queen frigga about five times a week.

together, we found out that i am skilled in light manipulation, hard constructs to be exact. i can turn general light into solid objects for my use.

like green lantern!

though loki scrunched his eyebrows when i told him that hal jordan controlled his ability with a ring.

he said it was absurd, and unprofessional.

frigga suspects that my powers work on my emotions, so there have been a lot of lessons for me to understand and control them better.

there are surprisingly other things i can do too.

telekinesis, the ability to lift objects,

teleportation, the ability to move to my prefered destination as much as i want,

telepathy, the ability to communicate with others through minds and mind-reading,

and healing spells and energy blasts, which will come to use while fighting.

my magic didn't really affect me much physically, but mentally, i felt stronger and wiser as odd as that is.

training with sif has been beneficial, as i now know how to use knives and swords effectively, and i excel in hand to hand combat with fandral, and end up kicking his butt in the process. i've grown stronger in endurance and spirit.

yeah it's been great.

i couldn't leave asgard until i've mastered all my powers fully, odin saying he wouldn't want me to destroy earth or something, so thor is my mailman once again!

i sent letters back and forth to the avengers, aunt liza, cole, and other people i was close with.

thor has been really nice about it too.

i sorta miss a lot of things back home, the croissants, my room, the books i haven't read. oh and the people of course!

but you know what i miss the most?

sanitary pads.

turns out, women in asgard do not experience mother nature's menstrual cycle. wow lucky them.

and today, while in the middle of walking to frigga's study, i felt those gut-wrenching cramps and had to teleport back to my room to avoid leaking in the hallway.