chapter 5

"i can't believe you're here with me either

"i can't believe you're here with me either."

belle's pov!

the talk with frigga was brief, consisting of her explaining that these marks were special and only bonded if the universe had truly decided that we're destined for one another.

upon seeing my confused state, she repeated in a simplified version, "those marks are called soulmarks, you two are soulmates in a way, you're bonded and linked together."

now i walked alongside loki, in complete silence.

days, maybe even a few hours ago, i had many things in mind when it came to the time we met again. but, now they all just disappeared.

i didn't dwell long at those thoughts as i resumed observing the palace, the high age-old stone marble arches, and the richly vintage doors and polished floors.

seeing passing guests and nobles, i'm very aware of the thin short sleeves and of my knee-length spring attire, my blue daisy-patterned dress, seeming very foreign from the pretty long silk dresses here.

"hello pretty.", one of the nobles not too far away called, looking somewhat very much older than i am.

his eyes trailed over me making me feel uncomfortable before i felt someone grab my shoulders gently.

"darling, you seem cold.", loki's voice said suddenly, a forest green cloak materialising over my dress, trailing down to the floor.

"ah and lord gunnar, if you want to keep your tongue, and your place in the court, it will be wise if you do not speak a woman like that.", his voice breezed lightly, seemingly unbothered, "lest you want to be rid of your title and no more than a homeless man in the streets. i can make that happen, if you'd so want."

"n-no, your majesty.", he said bowing slightly and walking out of here after.

loki seemed way more authorative here than what he was like in new york. there was a slightly darker colder aura emanating from him. well, he is a prince, and he has power here.

his hands slipped off my shoulders, and he stepped away with a small angered sigh.

"thank you.", i said, smiling lightly before resuming to look away and walk.

"where are we going?", i asked, breaking the terribly deafening silence hanging around us.

"your room, to get you dressed into more.....", he paused a bit, his eyes flitting to the cloak i was wearing for a while, "to something less casual, so you can fit in better."

i nodded at him slightly understanding that he meant something less revealing, that people won't stare at.

"asgardians have their manners, but sometimes the things they are tempted with fill their minds so much that they forget the ethics completely.", he explained slowly.

"so polite but bird-brained fools."

he smiled a bit at that, the first smile directed to me all morning, "yes."

we turned to another hallway, and another, and another. this place is a maze.

"this is it.", he said slowly, stopping at a particular door and with not much effort, pushed it open, me gawking like a bird in awe of how big and pretty the room is.

the ceilings are high, stars and celestial clouds painted all across it, a delicate masterpiece. the wall behind the bed is brown marble, and pure white with streaks of gold on all others. there are two large glass windows, and two doors in between them, to what i assume is a balcony,

the bed is drowning with pillows that look so heavenly, and blankets that look oh so very comfortable. a small vanity filled with all sorts of jewelry was sitting to the right beside the bed, the golden sunlight streaming through the window hitting the golden necklaces, making them glittering temptingly to the eyes.

there was a small cream sofa to the left of the bed, and an oak table too, a small vase filled with yellow roses sitting neatly in the middle.

there is also a bookshelf, not filled with books yet, but there are a few empty yellowing parchment paper, which i just know i will get my hands on later. there's two doors facing the direction of my bed, that loki opened, revealing the bathroom and the wardrobe.

and oh my gosh, the wardrobe was filled with at least 40 dresses ranging from white, beige brown, cream yellow, black, and even blue and green. green as dark as the cloak that hung off my shoulders.

the bathroom smelled of lavender and vanilla, the intoxicating sweet and elegant smell immediately flooding my senses delightfully. suddenly i'm a five year old that cannot wait for her bubbly bath again.

i was so caught up in the beauty of my room that i didn't even realise loki was standing there watching my wonder in slight amusement.

"there's rooms larger than this, just so you know, mine for starters.", he said smugly to which i ignored and instead padded my way across the polished wooden floor, only now noticing the brown fuzzy rug placed under the bed.

i opened the balcony doors and walked outside, the slight breeze blowing my hair back. placing my hands firmly on the marble railings, i observed the view of asgard from up here. it was magnificent, everything about asgard is magnificent.

"i can't believe i'm here."

from beside me, he looked down at the city and hummed, "yes, i can't believe you're here with me either."