chapter 17

"after all, the heart wants what it wants

"after all, the heart wants what it wants."

third person pov!

"when i taste tequila, baby i still see ya.", she sang quietly, strumming her guitar that she previously took.

"sky high in colorado, your lips pressed against the bottle, nuh nuh nuh i don't remember the lyrics, i remember how bad i need ya- nah, great song but sad meaning.", belle said before switching her left fingers' position, changing the chord.

it was early in the morning, and she woke up before loki surprisingly, and she sat there staring at his sleeping form for about 5 minutes before deciding she should stop being a creep and find something else to do.

she saw the guitar she got in that vintage stall a few days ago and slowly took it, before crawling back in bed as carefully as she could manage, praying she didn't wake up the sleeping prince that was still deep in slumber beside her.

"so slowly a sunlit dream pulls me out of sleep,
feel the morning through the blinds.
i get to thinking 'bout your sunkissed face,
and a quiet place where i could give you all my time."

she sang quietly with a smile, strumming the melody.

"you know i wanna be your rock, my love.
you know i wanna be your light.
in darkness, how you find me just in time,
to tell me what i needed to hear.
so if you don't know what you need,
you can leave it all to me.
don't want you worried 'bout a thing,
i know you'd do the same for me."

she sang the word full of a strange emotion, that she knew the words meant something more than just lyrics.

"'cause you're so lovely, you're so lovely.
i can't help but fall for you, love.
when you love me, it's so lovely loving you.
oh-oh, oh-oh~
so lovely, loving you.
oh-oh, oh-oh~"

she sang the chorus in her head, letting the guitar do the part, admittedly a tiny bit scared loki would hear the words and assumed it to be a confession of some sorts. oh, she definitely knew if she sang the words out loud to him now, she'd mean them as a confession.

"so softly a tender breeze brush against my knees,
on a summer afternoon.
i get to thinking 'bout the hazy days,
under august shade that i used to spend with you.
i didn't realize it was all i wanted, what i had,
my riddled heart, i had to cradle back together just to see.
it's all like magic to me, you do magic, baby~"

she almost laughed at how ironically almost accurate the words were to the situation they had about 3 years ago. still she sang it light-heartedly.

"when you love me, you're so lovely.
i can't help but fall for you, love,
when you love me, it's so lovely loving you.
oh-oh, oh-oh~
so lovely loving you.
oh-oh, oh-oh~"

once again she sang that in her heart, denial at its fittest. if loki actually heard her sing of loving him, he'd never let that go, yeah he'd probably make fun of her or something-

"so slowly a sunlit dream pulls me out of sleep,
feel the morning through the blinds.
i turn my head to meet your sunkissed face,
in this quiet place, i can give you all my time."

she stopped singing, her hand strumming a final strum.

"well, that's certainly one way to wake up and i am far from complaining.", a husky morning voice said, making her neck snap up so fast you can hear an audible crack. belle winced and proceeded to rub her neck slowly.

"i woke you up.", she said her mouth parting to get all the apologies ready, "loki, i'm so-"

she was silenced by his finger, resting in front of her lips and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"it's alright.", he said with a light tone, "i could get used to waking up to that nice voice of yours."

"and your fingers do have a talent with that instrument of yours.", he added, making her who was already blushing, to blush even deeper.

"it wasn't that good."

"believe what you will," he said, chuckling lightly, propping his elbows back and letting his figure lean a bit, "it was that good."

belle didn't respond to that, instead staring at his face, the light from the window hitting it perfectly, his green irises shining, his messy midnight hair loosely hanging above his shoulders, and his lips looking so vibrant with color, so much it made her curious at how soft it would be.

her eyes strayed from his sunkissed face to his porcelain chest, that was a clear view to her as the neckline of his tunic was loosely open. her stare lingered a little too long, too dazed to look away.

he noticed her prolonged gaze and felt himself lacking confidence, rather unlikely compared to other times.

she looked away, her eyes glittering a bit.

he stared at her curly cascading red locks, noticing how her brown eyes sparkled in the morning, her lips a tint of red, her eyelashes so dark. she was so pretty, loki almost kissed her then and there.

the both of them were spiraling hard, and they were aware of it.

at least, they were aware of their own feelings towards the other, not to the fact that they shared those affections.

it won't be long until one of them reveals themselves though.

after all, the heart wants what it wants.

author's note:

sorry this was a bit of a filler chapter- AND SO SORRY I POSTED IT LATER THAN USUAL-

if you know the song sunkissed, congrats you're superior-

another thing, as for that timeskip, i've moved it to uh next chapter :D

i also have been having a wording issue,
i tend to write atleast with no spaces
and i've been pondering whether it's spiraling or spiralling-
LIKE WHICH ONE IS CORRECT???