chapter 6

"this still is belle, just in a new way

"this still is belle, just in a new way."

third person's pov! (or author's pov! or reader's pov!)

her soulmark shimmered under the water slowly, distorted by the waves of her movement.

she sunk into the bath, already insisting to herself that she will stay in this bath for an hour. and an hour she will no doubt stay.

using her other finger, she traced the new mark with a hint of fondness, tracing the petals of the golden flower.

admittedly, it looked similar to the golden sundrop flower from the disney movie, tangled, that she oh so adored.

and if she was to be asked what her favorite flower was, her mind would always go to this flower first.

she was disappointed to know that golden sundrops are not in fact real, which she had initially expected at the first place. she was just disappointed at the confirmation.

she did find out that the flower however, had been inspired by the campanula rapunculus, or to put it simply, purple bellflowers. and that has been one of her favorites for years now.

(campanulas are a part of the bellflower family and symbolizes gratitude, humility, and everlasting love. when it comes to belle, this is rather ironic is it not? it most certainly is.)

she got dressed, with the help of helry, who is a pretty young girl, looking around 17 in normal human years.

she would've dressed by herself if it wasn't for the confusion and complete clueless state of mind she would be in when it came to choosing the correct dress, and don't even get her started on how she doesn't know how she'll wear this thing without damaging it first- the dresses here were lighter than silk and softer than wool...

"thank you helry.", belle said, casting a grateful smile at the girl.

"it was no problem, lady belle.", helry said smiling, then dipped her head and left.

belle turned back to the mirror and stared at the other woman, noting how neat the low bun lined with tiny baby breaths was on the other woman, and how the golden-brown dress clung around her figure nicely. brown from the v-neck neckline to the bodice and golden at the tresses that hung lightly just a few centimeters off the floor.

she looked nothing like herself.

you can hardly believe the woman who worked at the cafe was the same woman in the mirror. she looked like no coworker, she looked like a princess.

but then again, if you look at her closer, this still is belle, just in a new way.

"something i'll have to get used to, i guess.", she mumbled quietly the loose sleeves that covered her shoulders, brushing her a little.

"belle.", someone said, tapping lightly on the open doors. helry must've forgotten to close it.

"loki.", she said, facing him with a smile, "hey."

his eyes flitted to either the wall or belle several times and that made belle laugh slightly as she said, "i know, i look great."

and then a few seconds passed by with him not saying anything and just staring at her exposed soulmark, she moved her hand covering it up with the loose fabric awkwardly.

they both were going to have to talk about it, there's no hiding that.

slightly nervous, she added with a weak laugh, "right?"

"you look tremendous.", he said, finally looking up at her, a fond smile on his lips.

author's note:

first and foremost, i apologize so very deeply for my absence in posting the last, 2/3 days.

i just took a mini break and i feel my motivation to do anything spindle down slightly. so if i ever (thought i hope not again), do some super slow updates, then that means i'm out of motivation or behind my writing schedule due to lack of time and will.

remind me to update sometimes.. so i don't take too long- thanks <3

second, hope you've been having a good weekend! happy sunday!