It’s not that Mingguo Manor wanted Mo Xueyan’s dowries as that was just an excuse for obtaining the small booklet in Mo Xueyan’s hand. The plan was to charge Sir Mo for bribery after having found the little booklet in the empty room of Old Madam, involving Mo Xuetong in the process.

Only with her death could Mo Xuetong’s marriage with King Xuan come to an end, stopping King Xuan from relying on Fu General Manor, Princess Royal, and Mo Huawen, who all had Mo Xuetong’s back. That would be like removing a limb from King Xuan, and was the precise reason for You Yuecheng and King Yan to set this plan.

However, it would be difficult for the two women to settle this matter. Even if they did obtain the booklet, Mo Manor could have kept its doors shut, preventing anyone from coming out. What could Mo Xueyan and Old Madam do if a random crime was just assigned onto them?

Therefore, You Yuelian’s appearance was especially important. To prevent Mo Manor from acting desperately, You Yuecheng purposely arranged a few martial artists inside the servants to snatch for the booklet if Mo Manor attacked. If they obtained the booklet, the entire Mo Manor would be gone as the booklet he gave You Yuelian contained information linking to the missing silver in lianghu.

You Yuelian believed that the Emperor was mad now that the silver was still missing, and was waiting for more evidence to surface. If a related booklet was found in Mo Huawen’s manor, he would be more and less gone.

However, You Yuelian did not know that You Yuecheng only ordered his men to protect the booklet, even at the expense of the lives of others.

If something really did happen in Mo Manor, Mo Xueyan and he would die first!

“Uncle, Grandma gifted everything that she bought to me. Thus, I am here to move these objects as my dowries.” Mo Xueyan swayed the booklet in her hand as if protesting. She was afraid of Mo Huawen before this but the thought of Mo Manor’s execution made her less afraid.

“Grandma’s stuff? Second sister, surely you are spouting nonsense. Which one of the objects is grandma’s stuff? Second sister purposefully came here to frame Father. Do you know that framing a court official is punishable by death.” Mo Xuetong sniggered and raised her voice, speaking like a wind chime swaying in cold wind, her words sharp and sultry.

“You are the one spouting nonsense. All these objects belonged to Grandma. She paid for them and did not tell anyone to save her face.” Of course, Mo Xueyan refused to admit her crime and insisted. She did not believe that Mo Xuetong could provide a single piece of evidence as nobody would be able to prove if Grandma did give Mo Huawen silver privately or not.

So what if Mo Xuetong refused to admit it?

“How does second sister prove if these objects belong to Old Madam? If you cannot prove it, does it mean that you are framing Father by having an alliance with Mingguo Manor.” Mo Xuetong smiled as her eyes turned even more eerie and cold, bringing a chilly atmosphere that suffocated everyone.

She was teasing and taunting her!

That expression angered Mo Xueyan immensely. Without even thinking about her words, she lashed out, “I can’t prove it, but can you prove what you said? Mo Xuetong, even if Uncle did not admit that Grandma gave him the money, we would not know who was speaking the truth. We cannot just assume that Uncle was telling the truth but Grandma was lying. Just based on the evidence of bribery, I know that Uncle must not be an honest man, and could very much lie about such stuff.”

A bloodthirsty murderous intent appeared on his face. He had originally wanted to let Mo Xueyan off because of her blood relations with him but he did not expect her to be so rude and unforgiving.