"Of course." She nodded, finally looking at him.

"You just have to keep doing those exercises. The ones I once taught you. And your power will never get the best of you. You did good today, Pierce." He rested his hand on her shoulder briefly, before looking over his shoulder to see Draco waiting with his hands in his front pockets. He looked to her, and she nodded, so he took his return back inside. She turned around shortly after, making eye contact with Draco.

"Could we talk?" He asked and she hesitantly agreed, following him up to the astronomy tower in silence. She sat up on the ledge that overlooked the ground below. Draco stood in front of her, hands in his pockets, anxiously.

"You're worried." She said.

"I am." He agreed with a short nod. "Do you feel okay?"

"Let me guess, Granger thinks I'm going to be the next Voldemort." She laughed a little, and he smirked. "I'll admit, I don't feel normal, per say. But, I will with time. I'm sure."

"You went through a lot, I wouldn't expect you to feel amazing right away." He told her, hoping that she would be able to get over this speed bump quickly. "You're upset with me, though."

"I have never felt a greater pain than the one I did today." She admitted, nodding and looking down at her lap. "I thought you had died, and then I had to relive every single memory we've ever had. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to experience." She sighed. He walked forward, pressing both his hands on either side of her on the ledge. "I feel like two people. There's Ophelia, who I once was, and Dru, who I became. And now, I'm just some mix of both of them and I have experiences and memories from each, but now I don't feel like I'm one or the other." She shook her head trying to make sense of everything and mentally sorting through years of lost memories and time. "I can feel this darkness in me, Draco." She whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

"I will help you, Ophelia." He breathed, kissing her lips as she reached her hands behind his head and pulled him into her.

— — —

Ophelia and Draco walked up to the front door of the manor, and walked in. He glanced around, seeing that the place was dark and cold. He grabbed her hand and led her up the staircase to the upstairs. They reached one of the doors and he knocked, before opening to see his father laying in bed, staring straight ahead with no emotion on his face. Ophelia looked to him, seeing how old he had gotten. She had always had a problem with Lucius Malfoy. The man was relentless and put Draco through hell and back. But, she had no fear of him now. As a child, the man terrified her. But nothing could now. "Father," Draco began, as they walked further in toward the bed. Lucius glanced over, locking eyes with Ophelia.

"Would you look at that." He muttered, remembering the girl from when she was younger.

"Hi, mister Malfoy." She greeted him.

"I take it by my mark being gone, she's the cause?" Lucius asked. Draco nodded. Lucius was unsure what to think or feel. He had lost so much due to this war and he had lost the meaning of happiness along with it. In his mind, Voldemort's death doesn't change anything for him. "You two here to gloat?"

"What?" Draco asked, confused. Lucius said nothing, only snickered in a response. "We don't really have anywhere to go right now."

"So you want something from me?" He asked.

"No, well, we were just planning on staying here a bit until we get settled and readjusted." He told him. Lucius laughed to himself which then turned into a fit of coughing. He covered his mouth, waving them off. Draco nodded, taking Ophelia out of the room with him. "This obviously isn't a permanent solution, but it'll work for now, right?" He asked and she agreed, looking across the hall to the portrait of his mother.

"It's strange. Not seeing her here." She told him, and he looked to Narcissa's portrait as well, before back to her.

"It is." He agreed, leading her to his bedroom, and not wanting to recount his memories of his mother. He knew he'd have time to properly grieve later. For now, Ophelia needed to rest.
The bed was still properly made and it looked almost exactly as she had remembered. Slytherin banner still hung on the wall, and the same bed sheets and duvet. It was nearly untouched after all these years. She walked over to the balcony, stepping out onto it and gazing up at the night sky. He followed her, leaning himself against the rail.

"I always loved it here." She smiled. Finally, a smile.

"I always loved having you here." He laughed a little, before looking to her. She reached forward, resting her hand on top of his.

"I love you, Draco." She told him, with full confidence. "I can feel everything I once felt. And I can say with absolute certainty that I always have and always will."

"I love you, Ophelia." He whispered, pulling her into him, as she buried her face in his chest, tearfully.

***
a/n: this is not the final chapter just an fyi! There's a few more, and then I have decided to write the prequel of their time at Hogwarts starting from 6th year. The prequel will continue on in this book so you wont have to go and find it!🤍