My head turned back to see Roman siting a few rows away. His eyes were watching me the whole time as I caught his glance, and we shared a smile. I saw him for who he truly was and loved him so much because of it. However, I found that in myself. I saw me. The real me. And, as cliché as it sounded, I was leaning to love myself more and more each day.

The field erupted in applause and cheers as Rya finished her speech and went to collect her Diploma.

"Miss Rya McCoy, Valedictorian and future student at Columbia University." The announcer announced as Rya shook hands with Principal Cunningham, collected her diploma and moved the tassel on her cap across. I was so proud. This girl had worked her ass off for years and now she did it. Valedictorian and studying Pre-Law at Columbia. I was watching her fly and I was so happy to cheer her on all the way.

I waited some more, hearing students names get called out as I watched proud parents from the bleachers cheer and take videos.

"Sienna Callum." The announced finally said as I made my way up the stage to collect my diploma. Holy shit, this was actually happening!

"Miss Callum has been offered an Academic Scholarship to study English at the University of North Caroline, Chapel Hill in the Fall." The announcer then went on to say.

That's right, baby. I got the freaking scholarship! I woke up one morning to my parents sitting at the breakfast table with the envelop in front of them, nervously waiting for me to wake up and open it. When I finally did and saw the 'CONGRATULATIONS' I freaked out and was an emotional wreck because suddenly all that hard work had finally paid off.

When I told Roman later that day over the phone, he immediately got in his car and drove round to my house to give me the biggest hug in the world, and later that evening we went out to dinner with my parents and sneaked away to have some quick celebratory sex in the bathroom stalls whilst my parents boasted to the waitress about how they're daughter got a scholarship into a top college.

Crazy day, am I right? But if there's one thing I've figured out about my life so far, was that it rolled with crazy.

I reached Principal Cunningham who handed me my diploma and shook my hand. "I have to say, Sienna." She began, "I had my doubts to begin with but all I can say now is well done. Really well done."

"Thank you." I beamed and caught the eyes of Mr Wright sitting with all the teachers giving me a big thumbs up. I returned one back to him and moved my tassel to the other side of my cap before walking back down.

I spotted my parents in the crowd, cheering a waving, my mom still trying to work out how to use her phone and my dad telling every person around them that that was his daughter. It was too funny to not laugh at but at the same time, my heart swelled. They were proud of me, that's all I've wanted them to be.

I took my seat and waited for the rest of the names to be called. When Roman's was, I clapped hard and when the announcer explained he had gotten into the University of Pennsylvania, I clapped ever louder and cheered. I even managed to spot his parents in the audience and my heart melted.

Afterwards, I found my parents who gave me massive hugs and my mom raved about how she managed to get my whole walk on video.

"We're so proud of you, sweetheart." My mom then wrapped her arms around me.

"So proud." My dad ruffled my hair, "North Carolina here you come!" it was only then I realised he was wearing a UNCCH baseball cap. "Go Rameses!" he then cheered.

"Dad!" I laughed with a small groan.

"I'm allowed to be as embarrassing as I want, it's your graduation for crying out loud!" he defended and pulled me into a hug. Urgh, he had a point.