SIXTY TWO

❤︎ ^ 𝑠𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑎'𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘
__________________________________

  Prom.

  The night almost every high schooler had been dreaming of. Senior Prom. The night where everything and anything could happen.

  In reality, prom was probably extremely overrated and my outlook on it had changed drastically during these past few months. A year ago, I would be stressing over designer dresses, hot dates, and Prom Queen. Now, I could only think of one thing.

   "Sienna! Roman's here."

  Having an amazing night with my boyfriend.

  Eeek! Boyfriend — okay, I needed to stop it now.

  I finished smoothing down my dress and looked in the mirror one last time. Yes, I looked hot, and yes, I was excited.

  Taking in one deep breath, I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs. I couldn't believe I was nervous but I was. Excluding the ultimate takedown we had planned for tonight, butterflies whirled in my stomach knowing that I was going with the perfect guy and I wanted everything about tonight to be perfect.

  I got to the top of the stairs only to see him standing by the front door looking insanely handsome in a suit and black tie. Urgh, what the hell did I do to deserve him?

  His eyes scavenged me up and down as I carefully walked down the stairs, begging to not trip and look like an idiot.

   "Woah..." he was completely lost for words as I reached the bottom step. Woah. God, the butterflies only got wilder.

   "Woah yourself." I replied back trying so hard not to blush.

  He checked me out one last time, letting out a long breath, "You look stunning, I... woah..."

  A giggle left my lips, "You've already said that."

  Something must have come to his mind as he nervously fumbled in his jacket pocket and pulled out a corsage. "This, erm, is for you."

  I held my wrist out as he placed it on my wrist, "Roses." I smiled as I glanced down at the gorgeous, silky red petals.

   "I thought it was fitting." He gave a boyish smile back up at me once it was on.

   "It is." I smiled back. I didn't know what else I could say but the entire atmosphere around us was thick and full of something. Tension. Love. Both. I wanted to live in this special, little place for just a little longer.

  A cough to my right startled us both as I saw my mom and dad watching in the kitchen doorway.

   "Sorry to interrupt." My mom chuckled. "But it's picture time."

  It took her awhile to get the perfect picture, with Roman's help of course as she kept accidentally clicking to video. Once it was over, Roman walked me to his car and opened the door for me.

   "All black, huh?" he eyed my outfit one last time.

   "I consider it to be the funeral of my high school career. Plus, I look hot."

  He chuckled at my response as I got in and I heard him mutter under his breath, "No argument there."

❦❤︎❦

  Tons of students were already pulled up at school, many couples walking in with excitement radiating off them as they made their way into the gymnasium.