FIFTY THREE

Parties used to be my thing. For hours I would spend my time in Rya's bedroom picking the hottest outfit, doing my hair and makeup to perfection, singing to the latest number one of the week. As much as I missed that and wanted to do it all over again, I was a girl on a mission.

Don't get me wrong, I still looked hot. A pair of blue jeans and a black crop top that functioned more as a bralette if I was being honest, matched with a pair of glossy black stilettos. I was more casual than I usually was when I went to these things, but did I still look smoking? Yes. I did.

I left my hair as it naturally was since I decided to take more care of my curls and let the cute ringlets trailed down my back.

I wasn't going to take my car tonight because I knew the parking would be terrible, instead I decided on getting the bus. The party was at Steven Melrose's house, someone who had parties on the regular, and I knew there was a bus stop two blocks away if I needed to get away early. However, in my mind, I was hoping that when Roman and I talked and figured things out, I wouldn't need to take that bus home.

You see, your girl had a plan. Now, I know what you're thinking. Sienna, your plans got you into this mess in the first place. Yes, I'm not going to deny it, I know they did, but this plan, I would like to say, has been thought out and matured.

Step one: arrive at the party looking like a careless, hot bitch. Step two: grab some alcohol for the nerve. Step three: find Roman and civilly ask him to talk and explain everything.

I'm a genius. Am I right or am I right?

Summer wasn't in full swing yet, so the cool breeze of the night nipped at my shoulders as I walked down the street to the party. You couldn't miss it, a huge house with dozens of beaming, colourful lights and the most basic house music pumping out at top volume.

There were already people passed out in the lawn and couples making out on deck chairs. That used to be Adam and I. I didn't really care how it looked on the outside at the time, but now looking at it, I cringed.

I made my way inside, not really bothering in saying hello to anyone and let the fumes of beer and marijuana consume me.

The house was packed, all the way from the front door to the living room to the kitchen, I didn't even want to see the state of the backyard, but I was sure it was the same.

Parties like this used to be my life. Almost every other day I would wind up at someone's house and party till my heart's content. Now my perspective had changed. I hadn't been to a party since Roman and even though I loved them, the habit I had with them wasn't healthy.

Parties were Adam's thing, and because I was Adam's girlfriend, they became my thing too. I never really had time to figure out what truly was my thing with him but since Roman, I've found myself more than I ever anticipated. Don't get me b wrong, I still loved a good party, but I wanted to do it the right way. That made all the difference.

Manoeuvring my way through the crowds, I found myself in the kitchen with multiple drinks on display. I didn't want to get drunk, but I definitely wanted to take my nerves away. I was already a nervous wreck and surprised I hadn't passed out yet due to my overwhelming anxiousness.

I spotted a bottle of Malibu on the side and decided to poor it into a glass.

Just as a finished doing that, a couple burst in and started making out by the fridge. Great. Just my luck.

Finding a random carton of juice and recognising the word 'pineapple' on it, I poured that into the glass and wandered out of the room leaving the random couple to their business.