TEN

A week went by rather quickly, and, before I knew it, it was next Monday. I found myself sitting in English class, mindlessly filling out some random worksheet but secretly texting Rya.

Rya: Look at this.

An image came through and I had to stop myself from laughing.

Sienna: Omg! Where did you get that?

Rya: I found it on the floor going to class. It must have dropped out of her bag!

What I was looking at, ladies and gentlemen, was a picture of Leah Kingston's diary and, god, was it gold.

Sienna: And you took it? Shame on you, Miss McCoy

She sent the emojis of the monkeys covering their eyes, mouth, and ears.

The image was of a certain page in Leah's diary that had me cringing but begging to laugh.

Mrs Leah Reeves was written all over the page in swirly letters with a picture of Adam she must've printed all glued to the middle. It was the one from the Basketball Team at state nationals Sophomore Year.

It was so weird! Even when I had a huge crush on Adam, I did nothing to of the sort. An idea bubbled in my head.

Sienna: How many weird pages are in it?

I tapped my pencil on the desk and watched the clock tick second by second as I waited for her response.

Rya: So much I'd ask for a restraining order.

Oh, this wasn't just pure gold, it was pure platinum, baby!

After turning in the worksheet to Mr Wright, I rushed out of the classroom to meet Rya by the music room.

She was sitting at the piano, waiting for me to arrive, with Leah's pretty, yellow and purple, fluffy diary.

"Give it." Was all I said as I ran in and held out my hand. Rya passed it to me, and I flicked through the pages.

Dear diary,

..... Today Adam Reeves said hi to me in the hall and I think I almost fainted. It was a moment I had dreamed of all my life ever since I was a little girl and it finally happened! I don't know what to think, did it mean something? Was it intentional? Did he specifically pick me out to say 'hi' to? I don't know, but all I can tell you is that it was so much better in real life than any of the dreams I've had of him!

Holy shit.

Dear diary,

..... I dreamt of Adam and I last night. We were married and had three kids. Is it weird I glued their names to memory? They were all boys and looked just like him! Hunter, Brady, and Trent. They were so cute!

"There's no fucking way." I laughed. "She's like borderline obsessed with him!"

Rya got off the piano and ran over to me, "Oh, you haven't seen the worst of it yet."

Dear diary,

I found one of these love potions on reddit yesterday and so I decided to make it. I slipped it into Adam's morning coffee but and I don't think he noticed. Anyways, he said hi to me twice! AND he helped pick up my books when that horrible girl Sienna bumped into me. I think she did it because she was jealous, but I don't care, I was so happy with him being near me. He even touched my hand when he gave me the books back!

"A love potion?" I turned to Rya with eyes wide.

"I know." She hummed. "Fucking creepy, am I right? But it's this one I think you should take a look at." She took the book from my hands and flipped a couple of pages forward.