EIGHT

"Soooo...." Rya planted her lunch tray down on the table as she took her seat next to me. "What does Roman's c um-face look like?"

  I choked on my drink and almost spat it out from coughing too much.

   "What?" she shrugged cluelessly. "Haven't you guys even...?"

   "We didn't." I replied. We did, or at least he did, but I didn't know why telling Rya was such a big deal. Seeing how humiliated and panicked Roman was about the whole thing would make me feel so horrible for telling Rya about it.

   "You didn't..." she repeated slowly. "Then what did you do?"

   "Nothing." I lied. She wasn't buying it. "We just kissed again." She wasn't buying that either. "Oh c'mon, Rya! You have no idea how innocent the guy is." He had never had an o rgasm. What kind of eighteen-year-old boy has never had an o rgasm?! I swear every boy in Ninth Grade was obsessed with comparing dick sizes and swapping links to porn sites.

  But Roman wasn't like the other boys.

  Oh, for Christ's sake! How fucking cliché was that.

  Every guy has biological instincts whether he likes it or not, so he must've gotten hard before. I knew he had gotten hard before from yesterday. And he was packing. Dude, not now.

  He didn't show for tutoring this morning which only led me to assume his embarrassment from yesterday meant he couldn't face me. Did he know that it was normal to even do that? But Roman loved Science meaning he must know how things... worked.

   "I don't understand it. Its like he's never done... anything before." I leaned in and whispered. There were too many girls at our lunch table who liked to gossip. I noticed Nikki continuously giving us side eyes.

   "When you say 'anything'... do you mean..." I gave her a look to make her understand. "Well, damn." She blew out a breath and looked around the hall. "Bathroom?"

   "Bathroom." I nodded.

  Rya grabbed her pizza slice and wrapped it in tissue before stuffing a handful of fries into her mouth.

   "Seriously?"

   "What?" she said with half a mouthful. "A girl's gotta eat."

❦❤︎❦

  'Bathroom' was a code every girl knew. It didn't really mean 'I need to pee' but more of 'I need to chat shit or spill the tea'.

No one else was in here considering most students used the bathroom to escape class and we were here during lunch.

   "I don't know what to do." I confessed. "I could deal with him not having kissed a girl but how can I.... how can he.... Urgh!" I threw my hands in the air.

  Rya pulled out a tube of lip-gloss and started applying it in the mirror. "Well, maybe you should show him."

   "You mean jerk him off?"

   "No – well yeah – but show him what he's been missing." She slapped her lips together and popped them after applying the gloss.

   "You're telling me to have a porn movie night with him?" a porn movie night? I didn't even know how to feel about that.

   "I'm telling you to get him used to the idea of sex and women. Has he even seen the act of sex? Seen a woman naked? If you throw him straight into the deep end, the boy's gonna drown. You need to get him used to the idea of swimming first."