THIRTY

❤︎ how much do you guys love me? Because this chapter contains a warning x
___________________________________

   "Have you seen the new boy?"

   "OMG, he's so hot."

   "That's not a new boy, that's Roman Lawrence."

   "Who's Roman Lawrence?"

   "God, isn't he gorgeous?"

  It was all I had been hearing for the last four days at school. Constant gossip about a new boy, people shocked at Roman's transformation, rumours of a new steroid that gave you instant muscles. At some of them I rolled my eyes and at others I couldn't help but get a little tinge of annoyance.

  I heard a bunch of Freshmen girls chatting in the girls' bathroom about if he was foreign or not and I had to hold in my laughter, then they started discussing his dick size and I wanted to slap them all. Like, they're Freshmen! Literal babies! Yet Roman seemed to have caught their eyes. Roman seemed to have caught everyone's eye.

   "Spring Fling tickets on sale!" Alyse, the cheer captain, screamed as we stood at the booth in our cheer uniforms, stupidly selling tickets. This, unfortunately, was Rya's idea and so I had to follow along with it.

  I stood behind the booth, my hair pulled back into a ponytail and the thick polyester of the top and skirt itched my skin. However, I stuck a smile on my face to hide the pain and handed out tickets to those who wanted to buy.

  So far, we had a line of over twenty people and more were adding on to the ends. So many Seniors wanted to go to the dance this year because it was the last one. It wasn't like we weren't having Prom in a couple months' time after, but I guess there was something different about Spring Fling. It didn't mean a goodbye just yet.

   "I heard the music girls gossiping in the piano studio at lunch about Roman." Rya whispered by my side as she took the money from one girl. "And let's just say Emily Lewis looked very interested."

  I handed the ticket to the girl and gave her a fake, cheery smile. "Did she?"

  Rya hummed, "Mm hm. Looks like Roman's caught her eye."

   "Roman's caught everyone's eye." I handed another ticket to a boy now at the front.

   "Exactly, that'll mean Emily's got some competition. She'll be at the other end of the stick."

  Even though I knew Roman would instantly pick Emily out of all the girls who were now interested in him, I still remarked, "I'm sure he'll love that." He probably would. Even though he wasn't one for attention, I was sure the girls swooning as he walked past boosted his confidence.

   "Is he going to ask her out?"

   "Ask who out?" I tilted my head to the side.

   "Ask Emily out, dumbass. Or is he going to play the waiting game." That was a good question. Now that he had Emily's attention, Roman made the rules. This was his game now, however, I wondered whether Emily would still be bothered over his sexual experience. We've done many sexual things but not all. Fuck, Roman even asked to have sex in the changing room on Saturday but I didn't know if he meant it or not. People say all sorts of things in a time of desperation, and I didn't know if Roman actually wanted to or felt too horny to care. Either way, I wanted him to be completely, one-hundred-percent ready when we had sex for the first time.

   "I'm not sure." I replied. "I'll have to ask him." I have to see where his head's at. During tutoring, he was back to being the same Roman. However, the awkward tension that bit between us around the same time as my birthday remained to linger and I wanted to know the reason why.