I let a grin crack on my lips and sighed, "Just not in the way she scares everyone else."

"What are you studying?" he changed the subject after a few seconds of silent.

"Pre-med, mainly specialising in microbiology and biochemistry." I replied. "You?"

"English Literature. I got into NYU."

"Woah, congrats, man." I congratulated. I knew NYU was hard to get into and...New York City. Damn, that was sure to be an experience of a lifetime.

"Thanks." He nodded and took another swig. "Seems like everyone wants to get out of this place, huh?"

I laughed, "Yeah, I feel like everyone's kind of over high school now to be honest." I just wanted to get on with the rest of my life because now I realised I had so much to look forward to. I never used to. I always presumed my life would be lonely after high school with constant studying and waiting of the situation with Skye to get worse.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am going to study constantly because going to an Ivy League school, especially to do Pre-Med, is hard, but now I had so much more. Skye was getting better, I had the best girlfriend in the entire world, and a newfound confidence to be social and actually make more friends.

"You're going to be alright, Roman. You know that."

I let out a long breath, "Yeah. I'm starting to think that now." After everything, I was beginning to feel alright. That meant so much more to me than what I could have ever imagined. "And you are too. New York, dude? That's insane! I'm sure you're going to get on great there."

He nodded and gave a small smile, "Thanks. It's weird, we've been in the same high school together, both been extremely smart, but I guess our paths have never crossed."

"True, but I was never the one busy hooking up with girls left, right and centre." I laughed. Christopher's antics with girls were no secret but Sienna happily ranted to me about Rya ranting to her and Christopher and all his mischief.

He laughed at that one, "Hey, what can I say? We have some hot girls at our school. You still some Virgin Mary?"

I groaned and rubbed a hand down my face, "God, was it that obvious?"

"Dude, you can be a virgin and then you can act like one and you executed both to perfection."

I laughed, "Wow, thanks."

"So...?" he pried.

"My girlfriend is Sienna Callum, think it's safe to say I'm very much not anymore."

We both laughed once more and he clapped me on the shoulder, "You're alright, Roman. You're alright."

I glanced over at him and laughed lightly, "You too, man. Good luck in New York."

He didn't answer, only walked away and turned back to tip his flask at me in thanks.

❦❤︎❦

S I E N N A

"I can't believe it." Rya whispered as we sat out on the steps of our school's entrance, facing the parking lot. "This is actually the end."

"Yeah." I let out a long breath. "But I'd like to think it's the beginning of something so much more amazing."

Rya nudged my shoulder, "Look at you. Doesn't love make you poetic." She teased.

I chuckled and leant back on the steps. "Maybe... but I'm starting to think it's a personality revamp. You know, 'new year, new me', it's more like 'new adventure, new mindset'."