009. } 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚

It had occurred to Rosalina in that moment, she had never had friends quite like the ones she made so spontaneously

It had occurred to Rosalina in that moment, she had never had friends quite like the ones she made so spontaneously. It had barely been fourty eight hours, though a lot can happen within that time. It had also said a lot about her so called friends in the kingdom who only understood the surface of who she was; never deep down, never her truest self. It had been the most meaningful conversation she's had in years, the one she had sitting next to the fire with Michael, Bradley, and Calum. What Michael told her was something her heart yearned for, that evening overlooking the crystalline waters.

Michael didn't know what he felt either, quite indescribable actually. He felt he had to protect Rosalina at all costs, that if anything bad ever happened to her it'd cut deep into his emotions. Michael could never forgive himself, if Rosalina were ever to get hurt. She was too precious, nothing compared to someone like her, not even the finest gold the kingdom could scavenge. In fact, he didn't quite know what he was feeling, but Rosalina made him smile, and he made her feel like home. Warm and genuine. He contemplated telling her, wondering if the same thought ever crossed her mind. Though these emotions felt innocently pure, the doubt that Rosalina would ever feel the same made Michael falter.

Rosalina had taken her bag and slung it over her shoulder, following Bradley out as they had walked a distance ahead from where Michael and Calum stood a decent proximity behind them.

"So, what's going on between you and Michael?" Bradley questioned, quirking an eyebrow. She snidely smirked.

"Michael? He... I believe he saved my ass twice now." Rosalina smiled, feeling terrific at the idea that she could use profanity without anyone around frowning upon it.

"I know what I saw, princess. You two are pining over one another, aren't you?"

"What?" Rosalina spoke in a whisper, turning around cautiously to see Michael and Calum inaudibly conversing a distance away. "D-does it look that way? I mean... Oh gosh." She gushed, realizing in that moment maybe she did find a serene comfort in the boy.

"Spill!" Bradley exclaimed, as Rosalina felt her cheeks heat.

"I mean... He's just adorable." She breathed out, confessing quietly. "Isn't he?"

"Don't ask me. He's an absolute idiot is all that I've managed to sum up. But Michael Clifford's got heart."

"He saved me, back there. He helped me find an escape from the kingdom too. There's absolutely no way I could thank him for all of this. And you too, okay? All of you." Rosalina smiled, Bradley nodding.

Just when Rosalina had thought there had to be a price to pay for fleeing to the other side of those walls, her phone from her bag had buzzed lively. She gasped slightly, holding a hand to her chest, glancing over at Bradley who shrugged, absolutely clueless.