005. } 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙚

It was the break of dawn, the orange sun rising within the horizon as pink and purple-blue clouds hovered above the baby blue sky

It was the break of dawn, the orange sun rising within the horizon as pink and purple-blue clouds hovered above the baby blue sky. Luke stood there, looking out the tall castle window, half naked with a towel wrapped around his waist, specks of water dotting down the side of his face to the nape of his neck. He pushes his long hair back, before a knock comes from his bedroom's front door.

"Luke, son." His father Darius Hemmings, says from behind the door. "We have a problem, I believe you and I need to have a conversation."

"A conversation then." Luke obliged. "It'll be a moment." He said, before he had put on a pair of black and white vertically striped trousers and a collared dark green sweater with veil sleeves. He looked in the mirror, disliking his outfit, instead he had thrown on a white blouse shirt that buttoned up, and a black jacket over it, and had been satisfied.

"Son, I said we have a problem." His dad impatiently knocks on the door, nearly pounding on it several times.

Once moreover, pushing his wet blonde hair back, he frowned at how insistent his dad had been so early in the morning, unlocking his door and letting his dad inside. Darius immediately charged in, no longer asking further questions as he crossed his arms, fingers on his chin. He seemed awfully stressed.

"The princess is gone." His father had glared over at Luke who looked just as angered.

"Gone? What in the world could you possibly mean by that. Where else could she go? The foundry's? For new arrows?"

"No you fool. Gone, as in no longer in the kingdom. Across the walls."

"She couldn't have possibly meant that. Sneakers? Across the walls, for a pair of sneakers. What charity act are the Slaters playing now, father?"

"One that is quite pathetic. Rosalina Slater couldn't possibly last a day on the other side of this kingdom's border." He scoffed in dumbfounded disbelief.

"Exactly. Father, I'm sorry—"

"Luke what happened to convincing the princess of your love for her."

"Don't you think it'd be pretty damn hard for me because I'm not in love with her?" He argued, groaning as he screwed his eyes closed. His jaw had tightened tensely.

"We're going through with the plan just as we talked about this before we arrived to the royal castle, Luke. You are to marry Rosalina."

"That's when you find a way to get rid of her fucking parents. With the king and the queen walking around choking on their pride, I see no way for this to work out father."

"We deserve that throne, when our family deserved to rule, and we were unconsidered for, how do you think your mother felt? She didn't even get to meet your grandmother, your grandfather, and now we're coming in second to that bloodline? The Slater ancestors took my own parents away from me, slaughtered them before my eyes before I even got to know what it was like to be a teenager, Luke. What the king and queen could easily let go over a truce, is meaningless. They never deserved the throne." Luke's father had nearly gone red in the face at such burning anger, that he could barely think past the tragedy the Slaters had caused. Now their rule was so close, Darius Hemmings had to get back at those who wronged him gravely. And he had been so blindly enraged, that he'd go as far as bloodshed if the Slaters would put up a fight to their right for the kingdom's throne.

"First, we need the princess to come back. Somehow, some way. Then I'll show you, I can let Rosalina fall in love with me. Easy." Luke smirked.

"You'll propose, and I'm sure we can figure out an arranged marriage."

"Of course, father. It'll all fall into place in time, our plan to rule."

"It shall, you are to be the future prince of Neptune's east galaxy." He sets a hand on his son's shoulder.

"What can I say, I love the title."