004. } 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧

Rosalina had peered behind her cloak, as she walked beside Calum and Michael

Rosalina had peered behind her cloak, as she walked beside Calum and Michael. It seemed like the street way outside was empty, but the sound of people laughing and singing along to a song playing from inside meant liveliness.

"What is this place?" Rosalina asked, quite innocently.

"A safe haven for the people of the Alliance, if you'd ask me." Michael said.

"Also a place for trouble if you're a trader." Calum chuckled.

"A trader?" She inquired, wondering what that could have been, more like who.

"Traders are well, people like us. People who trade jewelry from the kingdom, perhaps gold, or even valued necessities for an auctioned bargain in exchange for lounas of course. If it isn't money being bargained, it sure as hell better be something of equal value being given like loaf bread or gin juice." Michael chuckled.

"So you two have stolen from the kingdom before. Haven't you?"

"What are you gonna do about that, princess?" Calum defensively puffed up his chest, tilting his head at an aloof Rosalina who frowned.

"Jewels, in exchange for what price?" She retaliated instead.

"A six month supply of potatoes. Sacks of it." Michael admitted, Rosalina sighing as she looked down.

"Reasonable." She agreed simply.

"Money is hard to come by, across the walls." Calum admitted.

"I wasn't going to turn you two in, any of you part of the Alliance at that. Trust it's far from what I'd want, it simply isn't my pursuit." Rosalina shook her head. She hoped they trusted her word.