Chapter 3: Insane from the Truth

Morning after the "date"

Okay so, that felt more real than a dream, but, I would be dead if that had happened. Do I Do I have a scar. Izuku proceeds to take off his shirt and looks at his stomach, (quick note, he isn't skinny, he is fairly muscled from his person workouts, gyms might not let him in, but he does has lean muscle, it just doesn't make sense that he didn't exercise to pass the entrance exam quirkless). All he sees is his normal scars, nothing indicating a stab wound. Izuku shakes his head and just starts getting ready to go to school.

Aldera High School Homeroom.

As Izuku walks in, he notices that Yuuma isn't there, as the bell rings and she hasn't showed up, he starts to get concerned. He starts mumbling to himself about where she could be, and starts to take into account that last night was real. The teacher before starting roll call notices his mumbling spree, but without his notebook for once. The teacher extends his arm and chops him on his head, violently, snapping Izuku out of his thoughts.

"Quiet down, I'm about to take roll call." The teacher says while sneering.

The other students during roll call were snickering at this, saying stuff like, "he's finally lost it huh," and, "what a fucking idiot." Bakugo was quiet the entire time, just glaring at Izuku, like usual.

Class proceeds with little interruptions, after a few hours it's lunch. Instead of getting lunch, Izuku goes straight to the roof. Or at least he tries to, but gets stopped by Bakugou and his 2 henchmen.

"Oi Deku, the fuck was that, I heard some of that muttering, who the fuck is this Yuuma bitch, it can't be a friend, clearly, no one wants to be friends with the useless Deku." Bakugou taunts. But this opens up Izuku's eyes to what could've happened.

So, even he doesn't remember Yuuma, her  name wasn't called for attendance, it can't be a figment of my imagination, the time has passed correctly, I'll need to think about this later.

"A-ah K-kaachan, i-its nothing, j-just a r-realistic d-d-dream I had, i-it t-threw me in a b-bit of a l-loop." Izuku answers nervously.

Bakugou narrows his eyes, then scoffs, "Damn Deku can't even tell what's real and what's not, you're were useless before, but this just proves my point, you can't be a hero, get that through your shitty skull."

As they leave, Izuku feels depressed at his words, but shakes them off to focus on the matters at hand. He leaves to go to the roof.

"So, no one else but me it seems has memories of her time at Aldera, the events that don't involve her remained the same, the same homework assignments, the same grades, tests, I'll have to check when I'm home, but I should be missing the ingredients to make curry..." He pulls out his phone, "but I don't even have her contact information, nor any photos we took. This has to be the work of a quirk, to erase the mental and physical memories of her from around me. That night when she stabbed me, I should've been dead, and this person who is helping her would've erased any thoughts of her, helping her get away with it. She thinks they succeeded, but she didn't. So now that I know how they did it, what I need to know is why, why me of all people, she said I was dangerous, but, I don't have a quirk. She said something else after I got stabbed, what was it..." He thinks back to that night."

I'm truly sorry about this, you had such a hard life before this, but you're too much of a risk to be left alive, you understand right, that sacred gear in your arm is making my people anxious.

"So, whatever is making her 'people' anxious is something called a sacred gear, the gear can't be literal, otherwise any X-Rays I've had would've had an actual metal gear inside of my arm. So, this sacred gear is metaphysical, similar to quirks when they were first discovered. And this thing in my arm makes people anxious, so she is a part of either a type of people, like villains, mob bosses, etc. or maybe an entirely different race, while it seems improbable, it's not entirely hard to believe. There are subspecies of humans from before quirk times that were found on islands, and now with quirks, people are found in these groups, like specific mutations people have. So it is likely that it could be one of those. So Yuuma was just working for/with another group of people just to kill him. But, what I don't know about, is what that red headed girl was, she was the one that had to have helped me, all I can remember was her saying she won't let me die, but after that its blurry, I was in too much pain to remember, I don't think I'll be getting any more answers just thinking, so what I do know is that Yuuma knew about my 'sacred gear' before even I did and sought a build of trust before the kill, so I was being manipulated." He finishes his analytical thoughts, while turning to self depreciating ones.