Chapter 18

Memories/Flashback 200 years ago

RJ always receives many flowers or gifts from her suitors; who wouldn't love Ruby Jane? She's a walking brain and beauty, everyone adores her, and everyone loves her. However, All of the gifts and letters are immediately burned by no other than her strict sisters.

RJ doesn't know about Chaeyoung and Sooya's relationship because RJ is studying in a different school.

"Babe, Rj is going out with the guy, and she said yes," Sooya said while catching her breath; she hurriedly ran to Chaengie just to tell her that Rj was going out on a date. Sooya smirked when she saw how red Chaengie was as she slammed her table. "Go, they are about to go," she can see that her big sister is contemplating, Chaengie wants to let her sister be happy, but her body tells her otherwise.

RJ has a date, and she is about to ride the guy's car when Chaeyoung pulls her away.

"What is wrong with you?!" RJ shouted; she was frustrated and felt like a prisoner; she couldn't go out on a date without her two sisters' approval. It is her only chance to sneak out, and it is not because she likes the guy she is going out with, but she is trying to divert her feelings to other people because she can't feel what she feels with someone she isn't supposed to love.

"No one is going out!" Chaeyoung seriously said while dragging the woman inside her room. She feels mad; she can't explain her anger to the point that she wants to kill the man who's trying to take her sister out. She doesn't understand why she acts this way; she just lost it and let jealousy take over. She wants to punch or hurt someone.

"Why does it matter to you?!" RJ butted, trying to go, but her big sister pushed her to the wall.

"Because I'm your sister," Chaeyoung received a heavy slap on her face. Maybe she crossed the line, but she is still mad. She is so jealous that she wants to walk out, but she can't. She just wants to hold her sister, who is fuming in front of her. 'does she really like that guy? does she really like to go out with him to sneak out and slap me this hard,'

"Then stop acting like my Girlfriend!" RJ gritted her teeth; she's done for this. She doesn't know how to handle it anymore. But then she saw her big sister painfully smile; the tears forming in her eyes were so visible, it made her guilty about what she had done. It's the first time she hurt her big sister; even if Chaeyoung is so strict, she never hurt her.

"You know I love you, RJ. Can you please listen to me? I'm your sister, I want the best for you," chaeyoung chocked, trying to maintain herself before she finally breaks down, her little sister slapped her, and she feels like a shit trying to control her sister's life.

"Really Chaengie?" Rj raises her eyebrows like she is trying to insinuate something. Her sarcastic tone stabs her big sister.

"What that suppose to mean, RJ?" She looked down while Rj scoffed. Her little sister can really be a bitch when she wants to, and when she is, she is so intimidating.

"Can you just please stop reminding me that you are my sister?! because it's killing me!" she tried to push her big sister, but Chaeyoung was so strong.

"I shouldn't have helped you when you were drunk that night," RJ cried, remembering how her sister's confession shocked her. Chaeyoung widens her eyes, fully remembering what happened that day when she's drunk.

"You're drunk again," Rj said, carrying her sister inside a hotel room, she can't bring her sister home like this, and it is raining, so she has no choice but to bring her to the nearest hotel. Rj snuck out to buy a drink in the store when she saw her big sister drinking alone outside the bar, "Chaengie, why are you always drunk lately! I never see you like this before!"