Chapter 12

"I'm sorry, Chaeng," Lisa cried as they entered the chaelisa building; she feels guilty for being reckless without thinking that this can affect her best friend. Chaeyoung is always there for her to think about her wellness and always considers her feelings for years that they are together. Chaeyoung plays a big role in her life; that's why life becomes lighter for her after all the heaviness they went through together.

After everything that happened to them, Lisa's life is literally a mess where Chaeyoung needed to fly them away from the country. And the younger didn't saw Chaeyoung as a mess because the chef is doing her best not to add some loneliness to her best friend. But Lisa knows the Chaeyoung is struggling internally that made her cold. She knows that because Chaeyoung used to be a sweet and warm person, she still is, but whenever Lisa looks at her eyes, she can feel her body shiver because of the death and coldness within her best friend's eyes. And without Chaeyoung knowing, Lisa always sees her wiping tears in the dark and looking at her family pictures.

"You're making this hard for me," Chaeyoung coldly said as she sat in front of Lisa wiping the younger's tears. "You really get emotional sometimes, It's fine. Please stop making me worry, Lisa."

Lisa slightly smiles because, in the end, her best friend still thinks about her wellness regardless of what happened in Kim's household. Considering that Chaeyoung has a history of being so selfish before, but that selfishness is just shown when it comes to Ruby Jane and her family. Like Lisa's impulsiveness when it comes to Sooya. They are acting stupid when it comes to their loved ones that led to recklessness. 

" Gosh, He really looks like your Dad, it never changes physically, but his attitude and his body language is different," Lisa giggled trying to change the mood. 

"What if they really didn't die and they are really your family, but they just lost their memory?" Lisa raised her eyebrow, trying to take this as a joke.

However, Chaeyoung haven't changed her aura meaning it still affects the chef. Lisa cleared her throat, "Chaeng, I think I need to take a walk," and Chaeyoung nodded.

While in the Kim's household, Jisoo walk to Jennie as she saw her sister spacing out in there garden. 

"I had a weird dream," Jennie said when she felt Jisoo sat beside her. "I promised that I will remember that certain someone no matter what happens. And also I can feel that I love that person so much, it feels so real. It feel like how I feel about..." she choked almost spit it out but Jisoo is smart enough to figure it out.

"about that certain chef named Roseanne Park," Jisoo smiled as Jennie widened her eyes trying to say something but Jisoo smirked, "Don't try to deny it, Jennie. I always known that you like girls deep inside. Plus, It's pretty obvious that you like each other. Think about it Jennie, I don't want you to make the same mistake I did. Lucky you, you can still walk away from that marriage,"

"No I can't, chu. I can't hurt Hanbin." Jennie whispered.

"But you will. Think about it. You can't stay with someone especially when you are confused about how you feel now. It's unfair for Rosie and Hanbin. Talk to you later, I still need to talk to my lawyer for the divorce," Jisoo said as she stood and go but Jennie caught her wrist.

"Chu, Are you really choosing Lisa. Do you love her that much to do this?" Jennie worriedly asked because Leaving Suho is a big risk; it will be big news in the business world, and involving a woman that is not popular in the business world can make Kim's corp. Stock fall. And surely that Jisoo will receive a lot of bad comments, her reputation will stain when they knew about Lisa. After all, it is not an easy decision for Jisoo, but she did it. Their father hasn't heard about this yet because they want to keep it away from him after everything is fixed.

Jisoo smiled and said, " I love her and I will not do to her what her ex did to her. I will do my best to be a better person for Lisa. But I didn't leave suho for Lisa. I didn't choose Lisa, Jennie. I chose myself. I'm not going back to Lisa as a lover, she deserves better. I will be by her side as a friend until she accepts me again or until she wants be back, but for now, I want to find what I really want in life,"

Jennie slowly removed her hands from Jisoo wrist. "But for you, you haven't mess it yet and hopefully not. So, think my little sister." and she left.

The brunette sighed, articulating all the information that her sister gave her and agreeing that she hasn't messed it up yet, and comparing to her sister's situation, hers is not the worse. However, she suddenly felt pity for her sister.

Jisoo took a walk where she always wonder and felt someone bump to her.

"I'm sorry," they said in unison.

"Jisoo,"

"Lisa,"

"Can we talk?" Lisa said and Jisoo just nodded. They walk to their favorite place as they sat to the bench and feel the air brushing to their faces. It's cold, Lisa felt Jisoo shiver, so the younger held her hands and try to warm it.

"You chose me over Suho," Lisa started.

"I did not, Lisa. I'm doing this for myself. I want the best for you, that is why I want you to have someone that deserves you," Jisoo genuinely said it, but Lisa on the other hand, is being emotional and takes it differently. She misunderstood Jisoo's intention.

Lisa wanted to hear what she wants to hear when it comes to her lover and this is paining her, triggering her emotions and depression. She feels unwanted, she wants to hear from Jisoo that she chose her and wants to be with her.

"I will show you that you deserve me, but not now, Lisa. I will work this hard for you," Jisoo continued that brighten the younger's face. Lisa thinks that Jisoo will do that for her, but Chaeyoung's looks flash in her mind. She is seeing her best friend suffering internally and being in this position worsens chaeyoungs emotions that is why Lisa felt guilt immediately. 

They need to leave this place because Chaeyoung suffers internally as long as they stayed in this place. She can't be selfish and be with Jisoo, and she also felt guilt that Jisoo will do things for nothing because Lisa will leave eventually. 

For all those years, Chaeyoung is beside her, and now Lisa needs to decide.

She is choosing her best friend.

"Let's just stay friends," Lisa painfully said, almost choking because she really doesn't want to say it.

"Sure. Friends," Jisoo felt the pang in her heart, but at least, she still has Lisa by her side.