Chapter 46

14th August 2019

RENEE

"Hey, you," I peeked into Noah's room, where he was busy with his laptop, looking slightly crazy with the fast typing and clicking and random music blasting from it. I'd left him alone for few hours, giving him much needed time to connect the Spirit Internet with the Earthly one.

"Hey babe," Noah replied swiftly. I smiled, it had been a while since he'd called me that.

"How is it going on? Any progress?" I asked, thinking about how obsessed he'd been with connecting the Internet.

"I'm on level 54 in Candy Crush, man this is hard," He frowned at his laptop.

"Candy crush? You're playing a game?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "And I thought you were busy with... Oh..."

Noah grinned up at me, "Almost there, Ren."

"You connected it?" I questioned in a hushed whisper, gaping at him.

Noah nodded, and I was so excited I gave him a kiss almost immediately.

That explained why he was playing a human game. He had successfully connected the two Internets, proving that he was truly a genius.

"You see, every object on the Earthly Realm has an imprint in the Spirit Realm. Like you, for example. Your Spirit self is always anchored to your human body."

"But, the internet isn't an object," I pointed out.

"Exactly. The internet isn't physical. It is a concept, that exists in the mind. Which is why the Earthly Internet belongs to the fourth dimension. Which is still a part of the Earthly Realm."

"You've connected it then?" I asked excitedly.

"Yup," Noah flushed with pride. "I can access the Earthly Internet, but I don't think anyone on Earth can access the Spirit stuff yet, since they don't know where to search."

"So, can the LOLtube gang post videos on their channel?" I asked.

"No, heavy data like pictures and videos can't be sent just yet. You can send only text." He explained. "Don't worry, I'm still working on it."

The door opened, and Daisy, Simon and Violet tumbled in.

"Sorry for eavesdropping," Daisy grinned. "But... Congratulations for uniting the internet!"

"Thank you so much, Noah!!" Violet beamed at him. "I was dying here without social media!"

"I may be dead, but I can still respond to my fan texts and DMs," Simon cheered.

"Can you please show us how it's done?" Daisy held out her phone and Noah explained the procedure. It involved visiting a series of websites that led you to the Earthly Internet. Noah added that he had designed these websites himself.

"You're truly a genius, man," Simon clapped. "We should celebrate this achievement."

Noah's grin widened. "You mean like a party?"

Violet nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, a party would be amazing!"

So that's exactly what we did.

One last night together before chaos was unleashed.

*****
14th August 2019

That evening, all of us decided to walk up to one of the icy cliffs, sit around a campfire, to commemorate the day Noah united the internet. Even Shay and Isaac joined us, since they were equally proud of Noah.