Chapter 33

31st July 2019

RENEE

Noah and I stared at Shay in shock, as she got up and dusted her jeans, not caring about the fact that we wanted her to elaborate.

"Shay," Noah said finally. "What do you mean they're searching for us? How can the ISA know?"

"It doesn't make sense, because we shielded ourselves too," I added, and Shay decided to zero in on me.

"Shielded yourselves? Did you shield your bubble too?" She snapped.

Noah and I shared a look. We didn't think about Shielding the Portal bubble at all.

Is that how they found out?

"They sensed your bubble ascending the astral plane, and thought it was a stray one because they didn't find anyone inside." She explained.

"But then we returned," Noah's eyes widened.

"Exactly," Shay nodded. "When you returned, they realised that there must be someone hiding inside the bubble. So they began to track it."

Oh no.

"So they could be here any minute?" I questioned, my eyes wandering around the Realm.

"They will be here any minute," Shay corrected.

"Not really," Noah told us. "This Realm is protected by the Shield, and they can't enter unless they know about the entrance to the Realm."

"Good point," Shay nodded. "For safety reasons, I packed up all your blueprints, and they're in this bag here," She pointed out to a purple backpack. "And I've covered the Portal Maker with the Shield too."

"So even if they do enter, they can't find the important stuff," I said admiringly. "Great work, Shay!"

"That's hardly important," Noah dismissed. "They can still track you down, Renee. You created this place, so they can find you easily."

Shay and I watched him, growing tense again.

"We need to shift this Realm to another location," He said.

"Right now?" I asked. "What if the ISA is already outside?"

"Exactly, and if we went out, we could get caught," Shay offered.

"Then what do we do?" He bit his lip, staring at the edge of my Realm.

"What if... We destroyed it?" Shay suggested rather timidly.

"Destroyed what?" Noah's voice sounded dangerous.

"The Realm," She said, raising her hands before both of us could protest.

"Look, I know you both love this place as if it were your child, but we can't shift it now, and if we leave it, the ISA may track your link to the Earthly Realm." She told me

"Aren't they going to track us down anyway?" I asked. "Lord Augustus already knows that it's us. He just has to think, and he'll know exactly where to find us."

Since Augustus had reached the White Realm, he would automatically have all the knowledge in the world, which is how he knew it was us in the first place.

It was kind of creepy actually. 

"So you idiots want to spare the one thing that could get you caught..." She scoffed, but Noah's glare made her sigh, "Alright, so the Realm remains. Now, let's focus on how you're going to hide."

She looked at me. "Renee, you need to hide your human body, since the ISA has people looking for you in the Earthly Realm too. And once you're done with that, you can hide with us."