PART 2 : THE DIMENSIONS

18th August 2019

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.

That was what the rest of the PDF was filled with, momentarily confusing Renee. It had only been May 31st, and there was still two months of story left.

But as she kept scrolling, Renee only found a blueprint for her meditation stimulator, a detailed hand-drawn map of her Realm, maps of the astral planes, indicating where each Realm was. After which, she just found a series of blank pages.

With her patience rapidly draining out, Renee scrolled to the last page, to find the blueprint of a machine.

"The Portal Maker," it said.

Renee vaguely wondered what it was for. Why hadn't she left any more clues?

She got up and began to rummage through her room for any extra clues. After half an hour, Renee had to give up. Her room was now messy, but she didn't care. It confused her as to where the remaining story was.

Had she hidden the clues in other places of the house?

The ringing of her phone momentarily distracted Renee from her thoughts. She picked it up to see that Clover was calling her.

"Hey, Cloves-" Renee started cheerfully, but Clover cut her off.

"Renee! They've erased our memories!" She wailed.

Renee's eyes widened. They'd erased Clover's memories too?

"Did you get a letter from the -"

"Yes, I did! Something about how you had endangered my life or something..." Clover paused. "Hang on, I'll read out the letter..."

Renee's eyes darted to her own letter, which she'd left on her bedside table. Except that it had disappeared.

"It's gone!" Clover came back to the call, sounding anguished.

"Yes, mine disappeared too," Renee replied, puzzled.

"Woah, this is so creepy," Clover said. "They told me that I had serious injuries due to a car accident..."

"I know, I saw that too," Renee answered.

"And they told me that you were extremely depressed from what happened to Mike and that it wasn't safe for me to contact you..."

"What?!" Renee shouted.

"Yeah, something about how you were extremely violent...Oh, and I wasn't supposed to mention that to you," Clover adds.

"Me? Violent?" Renee yelped.

"Yeah, well, you do sound pretty violent to me," Clover pointed out, to which Renee made an impatient noise.

Violent? Was the ISA trying to tell everyone she was mentally deranged or something?

Were they trying to scare everyone away who'd tried to help her?

Anger rushed through her like boiling water at the thought of what the ISA had done.

They would surely pay for this, someday.

Renee forced herself to calm down, as she heard Clover talking to someone on her side. A minute later, Clover returned to the call, sounding strangely happy.

"Thanks for the flowers, Renee," Clover said. "That's so sweet of you."

"Flowers?" Renee asked, confused.

"Yeah, apparently you've sent me flowers, and a get well soon note," Clover said. "Oh, and there's an envelope here too."

An envelope? Maybe that was her next clue.