Year 7 - 190

"Okay, so I'm still mad, but I've also concluded that simply being angry will do no help to anybody and I'm better than that so that's why you're here."

It was just the third evening back and Astrid already felt the absence of Draco with nearly every participle in her body. Not that he was actually physically absent, but the emotional distance and the mutual avoidance of one another at all times of the day had been taking a toll. Like ice cream without a freezer, her insides felt like they were melting away, and not in a pleasant way.

A concealed snort skipped past her lips and she shook her head. What the hell, Astrid? The fridge of the kitchen was right in her line of vision where she had been sat down, opposite the girl who contrasted so greatly against the white surface of it.

"Astrid Ninomae," Rosier nodded solemnly, hands crossed over her chest where she sat over the tabletop opposite Astrid, "you are now in official therapy."

"I expect you to have a diploma then," Astrid scoffed.

She had been dragged downstairs, right out of their dorm, just shortly after their classes had ended. For the love of Merlin, Astrid had not been able to figure out, first, why Rosier was talking to her, and second, where she was being taken. Now she knew. The wooden cupboards, the random snacks and the beginnings of some genius, some silly inventions - it all told the story of a single place. 

Rosier ignored Astrid. "Tracey and I have come to the conclusion that you might just have some disorder," she said instead. "Sociopathy, maybe psychopathy or tendencies of an extreme narcissist. Either way, I refuse to dismiss you before I've figured whether it's curable."

What is it with people and constantly trying to change me?

"Therefore I will be listening and all that crap and we're going to try some things I've read about over the past month and we'll see how it goes. I stopped talking to you for a reason and if you refuse to even try to be a decent human being then it's over for real."

Astrid had been feeling the only intensifying sinking feeling in her chest ever since the event. 

She huffed and smiled. 

"So you're helping me, but you're basically blackmailing me with the promise of a friendship?" She laughed again. "How appealing-"

"Yes, and this make-a-joke-out-of-everything will have to go too."

What else can you find so imperfect about me? Maybe say I stop smiling too?

Astrid crossed her arms. "Look, just because you're jealous I'm funny-"

"Aaaaaand sidetracking the real issue at hand..."

Astrid frowned. "Draco and you would be a perfect match."

"Ah, yes, and we'll have to talk about that too."

"You know," annoyed, Astrid stood up, "you cannot just make me speak to you. We had a fight! If anybody's ignoring the issue, then it is you!"

With a flick of Rosier's wand, Astrid had fallen back on the chair. A bright light flashed in Astrid's eyes when Rosier moved out of the candle's way to stand up herself. A shiver ran down her spine, and when the other girl turned away to open one of the cabinets, she turned to glance behind her and all around. The dimness of the kitchen space and the cold stone underneath her feet reminded her of no good.

She shook the memory away.

"I don't fight," Rosier spoke up after a moment of silence and when she returned to her seat on the table, she had a pack of jellies in her hand. The girl offered one to Astrid and she refused it. "I explain to people why they're wrong. Sometimes," Rosier glanced up at the side and for a moment Astrid had the impression the girl wasn't even talking to her anymore, "people don't want to listen so I am required to raise my voice." She looked back into Astrid's eyes and Astrid leaned back a little under the intense gaze. "Ignorance is what's going to kill the society."