Year 6 - 146

It was often that Astrid thought about John. Why had he cornered her? Whom had he told stuff afterwards? And why had nothing at all changed? The lad had figured she had concocted a poison and yet he hadn't said anything. Astrid had been watching Mills to figure an answer, yet the latter showed nothing but the concern that had been there since the very beginning.  It was odd.

Astrid thought about all that as she was laid wide awake in bed. She was thinking of it because her roommates all as one had gone and disappeared and Astrid was wondering if maybe John had been at fault for telling them something. Telling that Astrid Ninomae was a threat.

But was she?

Was she and what was that tint of enjoyment inside her at the thought of being so? Pride...

It was a very early hour of the morning when the door slowly opened again. A bit of light flooded in the room and Astrid instantly woke up as her sleep hadn't been much of a deep one either way. Whispers and hushed voices filled the room until suddenly a hand took hold of Astrid's, attempting to slowly shake the girl awake.

"Ash," Daphne muttered softly.

Astrid opened her eyes and turned her head to look at the blonde rather annoyed. She saw all her roommates stood behind the girl's back. Pansy looked scared. Rosier was visibly bored. Tracey looked the most annoyed for being up at such a late hour and Mills was just smiling.

"Hey," Daphne spoke again but Astrid's expressions never changed. "We've got a surprise for you."

"She has," Pansy instantly spoke, here yes wide. Astrid furrowed her brows. "That is if you don't like it. If you like it then I was the genius mastermind behind it too."

Not saying a word, Astrid turned towards Daphne.

"Come on, get up," the blonde spoke.

Astrid didn't move. "Why? Where?" The last time she had blindly followed a person hadn't ended very well.

"It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises."

Daphne raised her brows in shock. "Since when do you not like surprises?"

"For a while now. Obviously, you hadn't noticed."

Daphne inhaled a sharp breath and Astrid smiled a little to herself. 

Tracey groaned from her spot leaning by her bed, her eyes narrowed sleepily. "Look, if she keeps on going like this I'm going back to bed."

"It's six in the morning," Mills countered, her arms crossed. "You'd be getting up in a bit anyway. Talk about cranky..."

"It's two more hours at least-!"

"Just shut up," Rosier was the one to let the finally groan.

Daphne too now looked rather annoyed, dropping her act of being nice and patient completely. She closed her eyes and then slowly opened them back, inhaling a vexed breath. "Come on, get up, Astrid!"

Astrid looked at her and then at all the people who stood behind her. She sighed. Without another word, the girl pushed off the hand holding hers and clambered out of her bed. 

"Dress up real warm," Tracey was the one who instructed, her arms wrapped around herself tightly. It was really hard to tell if she'd fall unconscious herself or knock someone else out instead.

Astrid almost pulled off the jumper she slept in before she remembered about her Mark. Awkwardly and praying nobody had noticed, she patted down the hem of said jumper and just went to pull another over it.