Year 6 - 163

It was only seconds later that Potter appeared seemingly out of nowhere, blasting the now retreating deatheaters to the side with never-seen anger. Seeing the boy and noticing the burn-mark on his neck Astrid smirked, taking a slow step towards him instead of walking away.

Held tilted cockily, her voice was slow as she awaited an entertaining back and forth "well hello there..." Astrid had wanted to jab at the boy's soul with a few comments, payback with emotional scars for the physical ones he had put on her boy.

But Potter had other things on his mind. It was just barely that the red light missed her head when somebody yanked her out of the way. Astrid didn't even get to comprehend her surroundings when Snape already was behind her, pushing her down the staircase and a still white-faced Malfoy was holding onto her hand, pulling her with him.

"You proud idiot," he drawled in her ear trying to sound teasing but unable to hide the genuine fear from his voice.

Potter shouted something from above as they thundered down the stairs. Snape yelled an incantation and the boy stopped in his tracks, being frozen momentarily.

Time had never run as quickly as it felt it did then. They were running down the corridors, firing off left and right at anyone who dared try and stop them. The walk from the Astronomy tower down to the exit of the school had always taken good fifteen minutes at least, but now it felt like it had happened in less than two.

Before she knew it, they were stumbling down the grassy ground. The air around, one that should've been cold, felt uncomfortably warm, her cheeks burning and body a little sweaty from the run they had taken. After all, the girl had not even played Quidditch that year - she was way out of shape. Her breaths came out in fogs but it felt her throat was scorching hot.

When Bellatrix set Hagrid's hut on fire, the wave of warmth only spread. When Potter rushed out of the school behind them, the flame of anger within her grew. She almost turned around herself to go and hex the annoying lad away, but she didn't manage before Malfoy had yanked her back towards him and towards the outskirts of the Frobidden Forest from where they were supposed to apparate.

The school year had ended and so had their apparition lesson course. Astrid knew how to do it. She was quite good too. But as she was the only person in the entire of their deatheater group who wasn't yet 17, she couldn't do anything without being traced by the Ministry. The plan had been that Malfoy would apparate her. But she had other things on mind anyway.

Snape left to deal with Potter and the other deatheaters went ahead. It was her time to act. She had to get straight to Voldemort on her own and get dad, because, even if she had no clue where it was they'd be apparating to, she knew it would not be to the man.

Seeing as nobody was watching, Astrid ripped her hand away from his and turned to instantly rush away. At the last moment she changed her mind and turned around to wrap the blonde in a bone-crushing hug, kissing his cheek quickly before she pulled away again.

"I'm-"

"Wait, Ninomae, don't go," he tried taking hold of her but she just walked backwards.

"Malfoy, don't! You can't-"

"No, I have to tell you something. Please-"

"No," Astrid looked to the side and saw that Snape was standing over Potter, menaing he was just about to come get them. She'd not be able to run off then. "I'm leaving. You know that. There's nothing you can say to make me stay." And she kept walking backwards as Malfoy walked after her, his face incredibly pale.

Snape called out her name all of a sudden and her eyes widened before she began sprinting without another word. She had to get to the hut before anyone had stopped her.