Joints (Dahyun - Twice)

"A free massage? What is this?" Kim Dahyun asks, holding a coupon handed out to her randomly at the mall

"Congratulations! You've been selected for our specialty treatment!" the distributor replies, unaware his fake facial hair is slowly slipping off. "You can visit our spot on the third floor to claim it."

Dahyun contorts a puzzled look but seemingly falls for it. "Sounds good. I'll go there at once, I could use the relaxation anyway."

As soon as she is out of the man's vicinity, he pulls out his phone. Dialing some numbers, it rings, then someone answers.

"Hello?"

"Yes, sir. The eagle has landed on the nest."

Bingo. Your plan worked after merely two hours of planning. As you watch the security feed waiting for Dahyun to arrive at your makeshift store, you recall how it ended up to this point where you had to lure her to you.

———

The door suddenly opened and Dahyun walked into your apartment, a look of exhaustion on her face. You could hear the thumping sound from the kitchen where you were preparing supper for you two.

"Dubu, baby! How was work today?" you asked.

No response. At first you played it off as her rushing to her bedroom, but you've noticed this pattern happening for almost two weeks now. For now, you focused on not overcooking your katsudon. After the food finished cooking, you served it on the dining table, without almost slipping once due to the heat scorching your fingers.

"Dahyun, I prepared our favorite date meal! I didn't leave it in the oven for an hour this time!" you joked.

In return, you received silence.

Not that you were annoyed by her recent habits, but you were definitely concerned. She'd been acting out of character lately and you wanted to help her. You're her boyfriend, after all.

Knock knock. No answer. Again.

You've had enough. Dahyun has strictly instructed you not to do this one thing as it might affect your relationship, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Reaching for your phone, you dialed a number you've hidden from her in case of emergency.

It rings a few times, then finally, a response.

"Hello?" the feminine voice asked over the line.

"Yah, is this Chaeng?" you replied.

"Oh! You must be Dubu's—"

"Shh. She mustn't know that this call ever happened."

"O-oh. Okay, I know you guys are hiding this from JYP but really now?" Chaeyoung quipped.

"She made me promise not to call you guys ever, but that's not the point. The thing is, she's not been talking to me lately."

"Why? Been a bad boyfriend to her?"