𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

Synopsis: Y/N meets a boxer with bruises and a big heart

Y/N was an introvert and she always had been.

This didn't mean she hated socialising but she wasn't one for late nights out and partying until midnight when she could be in bed with a movie and a book in hand.

She had a close group of friends who were definitely more sociable than she was. They were tall, pretty and constantly received numerous glances from men as they walked into different places.

Hayley and Marlin were Y/N's best friends. They were always begging Y/N to come with them on nights out and join them whenever they'd meet up with new people so Y/N wouldn't miss out.

Hayley was half Chinese and a sweetheart. She majored in fashion, which her parents weren't entirely happy with, but she now had an apprenticeships at a rising fashion company. Y/N rarely ever saw her in a bad outfit and she would always turn to her for fashion advice when needed.

Marlin was the first person Y/N had met after moving to London for University. She was fiery but loving to the people she loved and never failed to make Y/N laugh during her lowest moments.

Y/N felt lucky to have friends like Marlin and Hayley who understood her well and were always there for her in the toughest of times.

"Come on Y/N, you have to come with us - it'll be fun!" Marlin whined from her place on Y/N's bed.

Marlin and Hayley were trying to persuade Y/N to come with them to a boxing event happening in town. Y/N didn't like big crowds or the sound of people constantly yelling and screaming so she wasn't so sure it would be something she'd enjoy.

"Fun? Are you sure about that?" Y/N responded, rolling her eyes as her friends continuously begged her to come out with them.

"What's the harm in coming? If things get bad or you're not enjoying yourself we can leave but at least give it a try." Hayley smiled, filing down her nails as she got prepared for the evening.

"None of us even like boxing," Y/N huffed, "I don't understand why we have to go."

"We don't have to go," Marlin smirked, "But who doesn't want to see hot ass men going at it with each other."

Y/N looked at her friends who were practically begging her to come with them to the event. Her brain was screaming at her to just say no but Y/N decided on listening to her gut.

"Fine." She stands, Marlin punching the air with her fist and Hayley grinning with delight, "but I don't want to stay for too long."

"Okay grandma," Marlin jokes, "I promise we'll get you back here in time for bed but in the mean time, go and put on a sexy little number and get ready to watch some fine ass men get all hot and sweaty!"