Chapter 40 - Colors

Start from the beginning

Before his death, Xavier Flare saw. through his hazy eyesight a pair of leather-clad boots approach him. The figure squatted at in front of him, making them meet each other with eye contact.

Grinning maliciously, the person took great joy at seeing the horror in this victim's face. Ah, finally. The cocky, son of a bitch has now died. Then, it will be time for someone else to take this firmer one's throne.

No final words. No big ceremonies. A quick death, but an important one for the next step.

The figure that was still squatted in front of Xavier's dead corpse grinned with the look of death. One down, countless more to go.

~~

"One more~!" He slurred, raising both his hands upwards.

Not retaliating, Regina gave him another bottle of Jack Daniels, which he gulped greedily. As Cavillor was seeing circles, the silver-eyes demoness was looking at him with an unfiltered blank expression. Her eyes didn't hold the emotions that they had for the three years that she was here, instead, they held what was in her for her first year.

Nothing.

No sympathy or anything for this scum underneath her.

Knowing that he was fully intoxicated now and had no proper mental condition, she finally moved from her seat and walked behind his seat.

Still mumbling incoherently to himself, he suddenly moaned at a comforting sensation on his shoulders. Then, he felt a warm air nearby his ear.

"Cavillor?" She breathed, biting on his earlobes. He felt a shiver crawl up his spine. "You're the king now, you know that, right?"

He hummed in answer, still knocked out, but able to understand somewhat.

"As the king, you know what you need?"

"What..?"

"A queen."

And by that, Regina had successfully planted the seed in his mind. Whether or not he will remember this conversation, this idea will still be engraved in his subconscious.

'Hook, line, and sinker.'

~~

Another event was called, in honor of crowning the new British-Italian Mafia King. Other Mafia leaders as well as their in-groups were also invited, as to make new connections, and to brag more.

It had been less than a month after the late king's death, and because he wasn't that much of a father or husband, mourning his death didn't take long.

Regina was disgusted. Until now, she still couldn't get over her father's passing, and in just three weeks, they're having a ball.

However, she wasn't pitying him for having such insensitive family. She never liked him, not int he slightest, So why would she even give fuck if others hated him? Hell, even she hated him.

The preparation didn't take long, and the invitees were more than eager to come. Before the announcement, however, Cavillor had already taken over his father's office. Before, he had the most power, just second to his father. Very little was the difference, except now, his word was to be followed, no questions needed to be asked.

Before, if ever he made a decision deemed to be incredulous, he had to take it up to his father first, lest he get punished for his rashness.

But now, no one had the right to say anything about his actions and choices.

Well, not yet.

It was now on the night of the event, and veryone wore their finest. How could they ever afford to offend this Mafia? Being the first conjoined Mafia in history, and the former top two and top one at that, they were easily called as the most powerful Mafia.