Chapter 24

*Kianna’s POV. 2 months later.*

I haven’t spoken to Harry since we broke up, he’s called, but I ignored it. The boys have told me that he’s been devastated since we broke up, that he hasn’t been the same person. He’s probably moved on, but I don’t know how boys can move on so quickly, while girls are stuck on that one guy for a long time...

I had to quit my job at Nandos, now I’m working at a flower shop in town. I’ve been living with my mom and little brother, and my mom loves having me back and all, but she knows that I’m unhappy without Harry.

***

It’s raining outside, and it’s an absolutely beautiful night. I love when it rains, it’s so soothing. My brother is at a friends house, so it’s just my mom and I tonight. "You’re so quiet tonight."My mom says. "Yeah, I guess for some reason I’m a bit more upset than I have been... Harry and I would stay in when it would rain, we would watch movies. Then we would go out and play in the rain like when we were little... looks like we won’t get to do that anymore." The doorbell rings. "I’ll get it." I force myself off the couch and open the door.

Nobody is standing there, but I hear music coming form a car parked right infront of my house. A familiar voice begins to sing:

"I never felt nothing in the world like this before

Now I'm missing you and I'm wishing you would come back through my door

Oooooo

Why did you have to go?

You could have let me know

So now I'm all alone,

Girl you could have stayed but you wouldn't give me a chance

With you not around it's a little bit more than I can stand

Oooooo

And all my tears they

Keep running down my face

Why did you turn away?

So why does your pride make you run and hide?

Are you that afraid of me?

But I know it's a lie

What you keep inside

This is not how you want it to be

So baby I will wait for you

Cause I don't know what else I can do

Don't tell me I ran out of time

If it takes the rest of my life

Baby I will wait for you

If you think I'm fine it just ain't true

I really need you in my life

No matter what I have to do

I'll wait for you

Been a long time since you called me

(How could you forget about me)

You gotta be feeling crazy (crazy)

Oooooo

How can you walk away,

Everything stays the same

I just can't do it baby

What will it take to make you come back

Girl I told you what it is and it just ain't like that

Oooooo

Why can't you look at me

You're still in love with me

Don't leave me crying.

Baby why can't we just

Just start over again

Get it back to the way it was

If you give me a chance

I can love you right

But you're telling me it won't be enough"

Harry stops singing, but the music keeps coming from his car. "You know what? No. Kianna, I love you, and I’m going absolutely mental without you being with me. I know that I fucked up, bad. And that I hurt you, I am sincerely so very sorry about that. But I want things between us to work out." Harry walks toward me, the rain hitting his curls, weighing them down causing them to straighten out. "Will you please take me back? I need you." Even in the rain, I can see his green eyes begin to fill with tears.

"I don’t think you understand? Do you? You know that I’ve had shitty relationships, then you came along, and I had so much hope that you were going to be different." I lose my sanity and begin to cry, a huge lump begins to form in my throat. "I think the thing that hurt me most was that my bestfriend in the whole world hurt me. A lot. More than Brendon hurt me. The scars that he left me physically went away, and emotionally, I got over it. But the wounds that you left me, those hurt everyday."

Both of us are crying, and soaking wet from the rain. "I can’t take you back." My voice breaks at the last word, and I’m sobbing uncontrollably. Harry looks at me dead on, his eyes are red, and full of tears. "I’m sorry Kianna." I shake my head, not accepting his apology, and turn toward the door. The sound of Harry’s voice interjects, "I love you." Harry says. I stand in the doorway for a second, but walk inside without looking back at him, closing the door. I lean against the door and sink down to the ground, sobbing even harder than I was when I saw him. Why did I let him walk away?