Chapter 8: Why

Beginne am Anfang

"What are you doing"

"I was going to see who was at the door,"

"Oh, don't worry about that. They left"

"Really who was it"

"No one, just some door-to-door salesman."

"Okay then. I guess I'll go get some food"

"NO"

I said way too quickly

"Why not"

"Ummmmmm... We don't have any good snacks. So, if you finish the rest of your homework I might bring back some."

I hesitated a little bit at first.

"Okay..."

She said suspiciously as she turned to go back into her room.

Her door closed and I sighed in relief. I'm glad I avoided that, even if it was just by a hair.

I quickly grabbed the rest of my stuff for the project in my room and ran down the stairs to see Dream leaning against the door with a cheeky smile on his face. 

"That was definitely not suspicious"

He said sarcastically, 

"Shut up, I doubt you could've come up with something better"

"Are you sure about that?"

He replied jokingly

"No, but still"

I murmured, just barely audible and he heard it because he chuckled

"Let's just get going"

We both walked out of the house and got into his car and he pulled out of my neighborhood.

The drive to his house was very silent and awkward, it seemed that neither of us knew what to say.

We got to his house and we walked inside, Drista was in the kitchen getting snacks. She turned around to greet her brother when she saw me. 

"George? is that you?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say. She smiled and ran over. Drista gave me a hug and I returned it.

When Dream and I were best friends, I'd come over to his house all the time. There were times where me and Drista would play pranks on him or just tease him. She and George were close, then it went sideways when Dream and George stopped talking.

Drista pulled out of the hug and playfully punched his arm.

"Where have you been I haven't seen you in 2 years. Then Dream over there decided not to tell me why you disappeared"

"Oh, I've-Umm... Just you know been around"

"Yeah sure, I gotta go now. And please come back, I missed you and the pranks we pulled"

Dream cut in.

"HEY!, no. No. No more pranks you two"

I did a little hand motion to tell her to text me later and she repeated the gesture back. I looked back at Dream, who was glaring at me.

"What"

"I am not blind you know"

"I know"

I replied with a wink.

Why did I wink, I have no clue. But, I regret doing just as I did it. I Just want to do the project, so I can be over with it. Then if Dream still wants to talk to me then, he can. I just don't want to deal with it right now.