࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 55 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

A Promise is a Promise

╚ ———————————— ╝

"Hey, Dad?"

Phil hummed, looking up at the splitting image on himself. The boy had the same fluffy blonde hair he did when he was his age, the same blue eyes and the same look of innocence and love. When his oldest sons, along with Harvey, sped out of the club he didn't think much about it; the ravenette was doing his job. When Bad and Sneeg came past with a gatch bed, Tommy being placed onto it only moments after and passing him by— he went full protective-dad mode.

He made the hysterical Wilbur and concerned Techno tell him everything and to spare no detail. When he heard that his own son had stopped breathing the minute they arrived he felt his soul leave his body. Losing Kristin was hard on the man but losing Tommy would send him even further down the pit he had dug.

"Wassup?"

"You know... I could hear some things people said"

"Oh?" He smiled, his phone discarded in his lap and he listened to his youngest. A smirk made its way onto Tommy's face— something that should've concerned Phil.

"Yeah... only two things but I heard something you said..."

"And what was that?"

"...That if I woke up you'd let me dye my hair like Wilby"

Phil chuckled, at both his son's words and the nickname. Wilby was Wilbur for quite a few years because when Tommy was younger he couldn't pronounce his real name. The name died shortly after the blonde turned twelve even though by then he knew how to say his brother's name.

The exact time he was told about the underground business.

Wilbur used to tease his brother about it but always secretly loved it and melted at it every time. The gremlin hardly ever called him Wilbur. So when the nickname stopped, the brunette quickly noticed and was visibly hurt... the younger just never seemed to notice nor care.

"You heard that?" The older man laughed, leaning forward in his chair slightly as the getaway driver nodded. If Tommy knew all he had to do to get permission to dye his hair was to get in a car wreck and not wake up then he would've done this ages ago. "Okay... a promise is a promise"

"Pog-" Speaking of the devil, Wilbur opened the door. He smiled at his brother, noticing his big smile. "Wilbur! Dads letting me dye my hair like yours!"

"Yoooo!" Wil's eyes squinted as he smiled, his glasses sliding down his nose slightly. "Now we can match!"

"Fuck yeah!!"

──────────

Hearing the news about Tommy waking up filled the green-haired man with great happiness and relief. The tanned man beside him in his arms didn't know the boy very well but was equally as glad. Abby was over the moon when Techno came to the door to tell the weird-ass family of three (if you could even call them that) the news.

The younger girl was told she would have to wait to see the older teenager. Now, Tommy wasn't a big fan of Abby. He didn't hold anything against her and thought she was nice, he just didn't like little kids but when Technoblade brought up the idea of her visiting and he seemed pretty open to the idea.

She just had to wait for now... Harvey doesn't want to overcrowd the kid so very limited people were allowed in at the moment.

Sam pulled Ponk in more, the man resting his head half on the older man's shoulder and the other on his chest; a content smile on his face. A happy sigh left the younger man's lips as they watched the screen in front of them.