࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 54 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

One Big Reunion

╚ ———————————— ╝

He hadn't even been awake five minutes, standing at the coffee machine watching for his normal people drug when a brunette teenager came crashing into the room. The next thing he knew he was shoving his dad and older brother out of their beds and they were making their way to the infirmary in their pyjamas. They were all ecstatic and relieved to open the door and see a smiling Tommy; Ranboo already at his side with tears falling down his cheeks.

Harvey smiled at the family and Tubbo as they walked over. The blonde looked over, hearing the door open and close, and smiled widely. Wilbur immediately pulled his brother into a hug, tears already threatening to fall out of the pure relief and weight that had been lifted off him. A breathy chuckle left the teens mouth, Phil cracking a smile as he listened to his youngest son's laughter. The house was oddly quiet for anyone's liking. Wilbur would never complain about his brother's volume ever again.

The two pulled apart, Phil wrapping an arm around his son and kissing the top of his head. He didn't want to risk hurting him. Tommy only smiled as Tubbo walked over to Ranboo and stood behind them, placing his hands on their shoulders. Techno tilted his head and cracked a smile, the blonde's smile grew more as he looked at his brother. He wasn't offended that he didn't get a hug from the pinkette because his whole life the older hated physical touch.

"I'll kill you if you do that again," Techno said, earning a slap in the arm from Wilbur and a scowl from Phil. Tommy only laughed shortly, his smile not leaving his face. A sigh escaped their father's lips as he turned back to the youngest in the room and combed a hand through his greasy hair.

"How're ya feeling, mate?"

"Better than I was yesterday"

"Funny boy is back everyone," Wilbur said sarcastically, the teenagers all letting out a laugh. It warmed the adults' hearts to see the best friends laugh together once again; it was almost as if the accident never happened.

Harvey walked over with a tray of liquid foods; a bowl of custard, a cup of apple juice and a smaller bowl of mashed berries. It wasn't the greatest but it was the closest thing the blonde could get to good food at the moment. Tommy smiled before turning to his food. Everyone watched him as he poked the berries with his spoon and scrunch his face. He looked up at his family and smiled.

"Weird, innit?"

"Come again?" Wilbur weakly smiled as he sat down on the edge of the bed, making sure to be wary of Tommy's legs.

"This." He nudged the berries again, watching as they wobbled for a second. "The food and the situation. I nearly died and now I'm here eating wobbly berries like a child"

"You're not a child" Phil stated calmly. Techno walked to the opposite side of the room and sat down in the last remaining chair at the end of the bed. Usually, it was pulled over to be seated next to the teenager but Tubbo had moved it this morning before going to get the Watsons.

He knew it'd be in the way.

"I know I'm not. I'm a big man"

"The biggest" Wilbur wheezed softly with a smile. Tommy stopped and deadpanned his brother, his mouth a straight line and his gaze could've killed.

"You're mocking me"

"No, I'm not-"

"Yes. You are."

"Eat your food, Toms. It'll help you" Techno called from his seat, arms crossed over his chest and leaning into the back of it. He was already tired of his younger brothers and it wasn't even 10 am. It was moments like this he wished he drunk but alas, he was yet another pleb of the 'non-drinkers' society... or so Wilbur put it.

Tommy grumbled something under his breath as he scooped up the custard and began to eat it, the room falling into a comfortable silence. It was like a weight had been lifted off their shoulders. The blonde gremlin was awake and back to his old self, already making jokes about seeing the other side.

If he was honest, Tommy didn't want to die. If he died on the job, so be it but if he could help it, he didn't want to. It's not like he had a family or anything ahead of him but he wanted to see what the gods above had installed for his future. As much as he wanted a wife and kids, always joking about wanting eight (but really wanted a daughter), he knew it wasn't likely for him. What sort of woman would want to marry a hard criminal who's on the police radar and couldn't guarantee coming home?

There was this one girl at Tommy's high school who he had a mad crush on. Beau always mocked him for it but tried her best to get him to talk to her. Eryn and Freddie were no help to the boy but tried to encourage him as best they could and when he finally got the courage to confess— he was pulled out of school and never saw any of his friends again.

He never got to say goodbye.

He had actually seen them on multiple occasions; he was guilty of stalking their Instagram pages. Tommy wanted to approach them to apologize for everything but his heart always stopped him. Deep down he knew they hated him for leaving. They knocked on his door, watched as the curtains in his bedroom moved and threw rocks at it to gain his attention. It only left behind a sad Tommy crying in his empty room because he couldn't risk their safety.

Not to mention they would definitely know about his family's shady business by now. If they didn't, they were idiots.

Unlike Tubbo, Tommy didn't get the choice to keep in contact with his friends. Aimsey joined the syndicate at the same time as he did while Tommy's friends never knew until it was too late. He missed everything about them. Beau's comebacks, Eryn's jokes and Freddie's games he could come up with on the spot. They were the perfect friend group; no one else wanted them so they came together to create the ultimate troublemakers.

He was a sad sap, wasn't he? Moaning on and on about how he misses his friends when he's got a building full of them. Maybe one day he would reach out to them and apologize but for now, he needed to heal.

Mentally and physically because, ow, that collision hurt.

——————————————————————

Words: 1,120

Lowkey forgot I had to post, my bad

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever