The Sabotage

Fitz's warning wove in and out of Sophie's nightmares.

I'm coming for you, she kept hearing as she turned in her sleep.

Suddenly there was a scream.

The scream of someone she loved.

Sophie jolted awake and raced out of bed. 

"KEEFE!" she called as she raced thought the hallways, "WHERE ARE YOU?"

"SOPHIE RUN WHILE YOU CAN!" Sophie heard him say but there was NO way she was leaving him. Sophie tracked down his thoughts to the small, unused room they had. She then tracked Kenric and Willow's thoughts to make sure they were safe too.

"Don't worry, Keefe" Sophie yelled as she burst open the door.

And someone punched her.

Hard.

Sophie crumpled to the ground, clutching her broken shoulder as she looked around for a sign of life.

Sophie then heard dark laughter.

"I told you I'd come fine you, Sophie" she heard Fitz say.

"Fitz.." Sophie said as her head spun from the blood loss.

"Face it- it's over. Unless you agree to come with me and do as I say" Fitz said as he pinned Sophie to the wall.

Sophie nodded. "Just spare them- including Keefe."

Fitz just smiled. "That will be your choice. I still sent someone to go grab the twins."

"Keefe?" Sophie groaned as she tried to look for him, but she was met with darkness.

"It's too late for him" Fitz said, "but you can still save the twins."

That's when Sophie saw it.

Keefe's crumpled on the ground in a pool of blood.

And he wasn't breathing.

"KEEEFE!" Sophie yelled as she started to sob and Fitz put a cloth in her mouth.

"The twins will meet the same fate if you don't come with me" Fitz said as he dragged her away.

Keefe was dead. For real.