The Hostage

Sophie woke up in a dark room.

She'd been drugged.

She tried to move, but something was wrapped tightly around her. She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the darkness. She opened her eyes and expected to see Lady Gisela leering at her.

Once she opened her eyes, she realized she would rather have seen Lady Gisela instead of the person standing there.

Fitz.

This had gone too far.

Sophie only hated him for not respecting her feelings, but she never thought he would hold her hostage.

"Fitz.." Sophie started in a soft voice.

"Sophie this is the second time you tried to escape after I TOLD you not to try. Whether you like it or not, we WILL get married tomorrow and I will hold you captive until the wedding if I have to" he said in a threatening and almost scary voice.

Sophie couldn't believe it. Fitz was the person who introduced her to the Lost Cities. He was the one who saved her when she almost faded away. He was stabbed by a giant bug when he was trying to save her, but she realized now why he risked all that.

"You pretended to be my friends AND my boyfriend for years JUST to marry me since I have special powers?" Sophie asked in a slow but enraged voice.

"Glad to see you've caught on. Your powers make you one of the best people to marry for those who want power. Imagine what a Vacker like me could do with someone like you by my side" he said while Sophie was disgusted by how power-hungry he was.

"We will never get married" she said, trying to pull her arms out of the ropes.

"You heard the council. You can't change their decision" he said as he walked out of the dark room, leaving her behind.