25 truth untold

In the following days, office drama takes a steep decline. Areum's gone, Seri's back, and Hina hasn't dared to breathe in your direction. You enjoy working without the bother of gossip or interrogation, but the only mistake you made was letting your guard down in the midst of the bliss.

A petite woman with short black hair and cat-like eyes steps off the elevator and scours the office. Her golden skin shines without the help of proper lighting, and her coquettish smile captures your attention. The humans who amble from that elevator are always so enticing. It is the benefits department, after all.

"Y/N?" she calls like an old friend.

Somehow, the summoning doesn't surprise you. You've been the center of attention for many more encounters than you cared, and it's become annoyingly normal. You examine her face and recognize it from nowhere after judging her belted jumpsuit doesn't quite scream corporate. You meet in the hall and ask, "Do I know you?"

"You sure do. You just never cared to remember me." She smirks and saunters towards Jimin's office. "Come on, we have a business meeting to attend."

Confused, you follow on her heels, watching as she pushes into his office without knocking. You briefly wonder if she has a relationship with Jimin, but judging by his grimace, she definitely doesn't.

"What's this?" he brusquely asks, annoyed by the barging in.

She links arms with you and pulls you deeper into the room. He eyes you curiously but you shrug, equally puzzled. At his desk, she stops and perks up. "I'm Seo Aera," she introduces. "Areum's sister, and Jungkook's most recent lover."

Horrified, you snatch your arm back. Could she possess a more abominable combination of relations? She giggles and reaches for your hair but you reflexively slap her hand away.

"Jungkook said you tuck your hair behind your ear in nervous situations," she thoughtfully recalls. "I think that's adorable."

"I don't do that anymore," you fume. "Why are you here?"

She glances to Jimin and snickers. "First, you fired my sister. Then, I found out you two," she wags a finger between you, "have a thing going on. And I thought to myself, this damn girl just takes any man she wants. It's aggravating."

"That's enough," Jimin bellows. "You have no business in this building."

"Now, now," she cooes, "my business is to rearrange this relationship for the better. Y/N, take Jungkook back, and let Areum have Park Jimin."

Jimin scoffs and pinches the bridge of his nose, close to losing his temper. You cross your arms and sigh, left to handle the situation alone. "Why should I give you what you want?"

She rummages her purse for a folded piece of paper and places it in your hands as though it's a precious thing to be preserved. "Here's what you've been dying to know."

At first, you skim the document skeptically. Then, you literally read it and weep. It's a contract for the protection of Jungkook's older brother, Jeon Junghyun, a high stakes gambler known to make insane bets.

Jeon Junghyun owes a debt of 600,000,000.00 KRW to the Seo family, to be paid in full within one calendar year. If payment is not met, one life may be exchanged for another. The terms are as follows: