1 people pleaser

"I really need a promotion," you mumble while shuffling through papers and chewing the end of a pencil.

Seri snags the pencil from your mouth and twirls it between her slender fingers, prompting you to slam your papers on the desk and extend an impatient hand.

"Y/N, take a break. The new boss won't be here for another hour," Seri shrugs, placing the point of the pencil in your palm and shocking you with an uncomfortable tickle.

She sits on the edge of your desk and gently places a cup of coffee in front of you. You smile largely, suddenly feeling very pleased. A dose of caffeine instantly lifts your mood. You sip the warm liquid and shiver with delight.

"Thanks, Seri. I needed this."

"More than the promotion?"

"No," you quickly counter. "There's nothing I want more than a promotion."

She rubs the skin between your sulky eyebrows. "You'll get wrinkles if you keep making those faces," she says.

You push away her hand and giggle. "What do we know about the new boss, anyway? You must've heard."

"Of course I have. He's young and very attractive," she says, cocking her head alluringly. "But I'll be the judge of that."

You roll your eyes and chuckle. "Your standards are pretty low."

Seri playfully hisses like a feline in heat. "Are you even into guys?" she inquires with wiggling brows.

You ignore her and take down half your coffee. Damn, it tastes so good. You close your eyes to savor the flavor when you hear feet shuffling and chairs gliding against the hardwood floors. Seri's weight shifts off your desk as she stands beside you, kicking your foot to get your attention. Agitated, you open your eyes to see what the big deal is. Your gaze lands on a peculiar face—pretty, yet handsome, and attached to a nicely built body adorned with an expensive suit. You shoot up and stand straight as an arrow.

The new boss has arrived early.

"Sit," he orders. 

Feet and chairs orchestrate another noisy commotion as people obey.

"I'm Park Jimin, the new director of the benefits department. I hope to meet each of you personally in the next few days. Please take care of me. As of right now, I should get to work right away. Knock if you need me," he says curtly, bowing and turning on his heels to find his office.

It's so silent, you hear his door click as it closes. Seconds later, the lobby erupts into whispers and chatter. Men jealously deny Park Jimin's beauty while the women fawn over him. You lift the coffee to your lips when Seri stops you.

"Y/N, he's crazy sexy!" 

You pry her from your wrist and chug the coffee before responding. "It's not like any of us can date him. This is a workplace."

"Yeah, but we can still have fun," Seri says, cutely crossing her arms. "But I forgot to mention—he's awfully mean. Apparently, his previous employees hated his guts."

"He could be inside my guts," a voice says from behind you, inciting high-pitched hoots and hollers to ricochet off the walls. This is why the office is always so behind on work.

"Thanks for the coffee and the scoop on Mr. Park," you say, gathering some files from your drawer. "I'll be the first to introduce myself."

Someone whistles and another wishes you luck. You can do nothing but smirk at their childishness as you reach the end of the hallway and knock on the thick wooden door that separates Park Jimin from the general population.