Chapter 2

Chapter 2

With Suzan’s help Fiora dressed and readied for her wedding. She shimmied into her tight yet glorious gown and stood back observing herself in the large mirror of her old room. 

It was made of off white pure silk and caressed her every curve delicately. The slight sleeve hung off her shoulders leaving her neckline open and inviting. Her breasts pooled mildly over the taught fabric but not scandalously. A golden design was weaved into the front of the gown making a “V” that stopped at her waist. 

The fabric was so soft and rich but at the same time surprisingly light and airy. Her silken chestnut hair was woven into a loose braid with tiny baby’s breath flowers littering the long braid. 

She, unlike many other woman, never imagined her wedding day as a child. She always figured she would just work on the farm and work to make her mother healthy. Her thoughts had never traveled beyond that until this day. 

Swallowing hard Fiora stared at her reflection and wished her mother was here with her. 

“Fiora you look lovely!” She would have said, eyes glistening with tears. 

“My beautiful daughter, I am so happy to give you away. I could not have parted with you to anyone more worthy than Rafael.” Her father would have said while giving her a strong smile. 

Her vision blurred as tears threatened to spill down her porcelain face. 

A brief rap at the door make her blink furiously in attempt to dispel them. 

“Come in.” She managed to choke out while dabbing at her cheeks. 

In walked Erickson the sandy haired guard that happened to be Rafael’s best friend from childhood. 

“My goodness your highness!” He exclaimed bowing deeply. 

“You look marvelous!” Erickson gave his usual friendly smile, it washed over Fiora and her sadness instantly vanished. 

“You look rather dashing yourself!” She looked him up and down to put emphasis on the statement. 

His hair was longer and feathered out around his temples, almost as if he was always standing in a breeze. His jaw was strong, clean shaven and a slight crook to his nose indicated character. Clear blue eyes stared down at her 

“Thank you. Although I feel the need to break out of this clothing as soon as possible...It’s not practical to move in.” He frowned while lifting his arms slightly. 

Fiora giggled to herself, her and Erickson had become fast friends since the moment they met. He had such a good pure personality 

“How come some beautiful woman hasn’t snatched you up yet?” Fiora teased. 

Erickson shifted uncomfortably “I don’t have time for such...” He lifted he silken vest around his midsection slightly away from his chest and let it fall “...frivolous relationships. I’m captain of the Kings guard.” 

Fiora squinted at him in disbelief “you deserve to have some happiness in your life! I’m sure Rafael could spare you here and there.” 

“Perhaps, your highness.” Erickson inclined his head. 

“No, no. You can’t refer to me as “your highness” yet!” She wafted in the air as if to shoo the word away. 

“Well...lets go fix that shall we?” Erickson offered the crook of his arm to her and smiled warmly. 

Fiora nodded, she knew it was time. 

“Right. Lets go.”