Chapter 31

Tempest Pov:

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in holy matrimony to witness the marriage of Tempest Evangeline Moore and Elias Romano. Please, join hands."

Elias doesn't hesitate to take my hand in his, a gorgeous and ecstatic smile on his face. I am crying, I think, as I let a small laugh out. I squeeze his hand tightly, ready to share the rest of our lives together.

Everything looks picturesque, as friends sit and smile brightly at us. The lights twinkling above us and the breeze of autumn giving the perfect chill.

Suddenly, there is no one.
Except for Elias and I, standing holding each other's hands.

"I love you," he says, "but you need to wake up,"

My smile falls apart, "What? What did you say?"

"You need to wake up, Tempest. Tempest?"

"Tempest, hello"

I sit up, gasping for air. I look around the room, the empty space beside me.

Elias.

"Hello, Tempest," the intercom booms his voice through the room.

I walk over and press the button, "Elias?"

"Great, you're awake. Breakfast is ready,"

I nod, even though he can't see me. I realize I am wearing nothing but his grey shirt and grab some shorts. Walking is unbearably difficult this morning for all the right reasons. Flashbacks of last night appear in my mind for a second before I dash out the door.

Elias waits at the bottom of the stairs, watching how carefully I take each step. He seems proud of his work and holds in his fit of laughter.

"IF you laugh, I will kill you," I warn.

Before I take the last step, his arms lift me off the ground bridal style. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek.

There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him, and I mean it. I mean it so much that it frightens me these days.

"I woke up early and made breakfast for us. Annette will be back for dinner," he claims as he sits me down in my chair, "I hope you enjoy blueberry waffles and croissants. I made coffee, ICED this time. I remembered,"

I take note that the whipped cream is in the shape of a heart.
Am I about to cry over whipped cream?

"What?" Elias's voice raises concern, "Do you not like blueberry?"

I cannot find the words of gratitude.
Why? Why cannot speak? Why is it so hard to say thank you?

His hand is placed over mine, and I am forced to look up at him.

A beautiful man.
My beautiful man.
My thoughtful, loving, passionate, and beautiful man.

"I love it," my voice is scratchy as I fight the tears back down my throat, "I love... I love it, thank you,"

His concern disappears as he smiles, "I'm glad,"

He pulls his chair out and takes a seat.
I reach over to his plate and slide it over, drawing a heart shape with the whipped cream before returning it to him. He stares at it with a boyish grin.

How many mornings will we have together?
How many nights will we spend loving each other? Holding each other?

"So, what are the plans for today?" he asks.

It takes a moment for me to clear my mind and move on to the next subject, "Um... I haven't thought much since you already handled the plans I had for the next week. I guess we wait until Kindle takes her ownership of the company. Amanda will surely make a fuss after she hears her sister is getting divorced. So... we wait?"