Chapter 14

"Wait stop reading," I say, typing out the last set of numbers. I roll my shoulders and straighten out my back.

"Let me type and you can read this out loud," Elias says, extending the paper to me.

"I don't like reading out loud," I shake my head and push it back to him, "Okay, continue," I place my hands back on the keyboard.

He groans and continues to read.
I had to fill out charts and graphs for the data that Malachi had given me. I wanted to see how well our sales have been going and overlook his methods so I have something to bring up for our next meeting. It's taking a lot longer than I thought, but Elias has been a great help.

"Okay, that's all," he says, rubbing his eyes, "This is giving me a headache,"

"You're telling me?" I take the paper in front of him and place it neatly back into the folder, "But it's time for lunch, so we will be fine,"

"Great. Good God," he stretches back on the chair and puts his hands behind his head. The sleeves to his shirt are rolled up, revealing his slightly veiny, yet muscular arm. His blazer lays on the chair behind him. His head leans back as he stares at the ceiling.

Look away.

I neatly organize my desk so it will be easier to continue afterward. There is still so much work to do. I have to contact Amanda and Kindle again to negotiate a deal about the casinos and hotels. If that doesn't work I have to meet with the Michealsons then settle some payment methods. On top of that, I have to go and check on the house.

I let out a long exaggerated sigh.

"It's not as easy as you thought, huh?" Elias asks, "Being Miss Moore in all her majesty and power,"

"I never thought it would be easy... I thought I would get used to it quickly," I say, grabbing my keys, "I wonder if it wouldn't have been this difficult had I actually stayed in London,"

"I don't think that's the reason. I mean you left for your own valid reasons," we walk into the elevator. "I think you will be fine after you do the heavy lifting. Then, life would go smoother. You will have your own time and be your own boss,"

"How do you know?" I ask, stupidly.

"I am gonna be just like you one day. So, I know. I've seen how my father does it, so I can guarantee you will be fine," his words make ease the worries and stress. It's nice to hear from someone who is a bit more experienced. We walk out of the building, and as I am about to head to my car, Elias stops me, "Let's just take my car,"

"That won't be necessary," I say, unlocking my car door, "I like to drive myself,"

"Fine, then," he walks over to my car and opens the passenger side, "We'll take your car,"

"That's not what I meant-" he closes the car and I see him put on his seat belt.

I look around the parking lot, searching for a reason not to lose my shit. And when I can't find one, I take a breath, walk to the driver's side, and enter the car. Elias sits there on his phone completely unbothered.

He turns to me, "Can we go? I am starving,"

I don't say anything back.
I just silently start the car and drive.

He doesn't say much either, silently looking out the window at a city that isn't new to him. I never understood what my grandfather had meant when he said, "That boy, always curious about this place and now he found someone to be more curious about,". But that was a long time ago, long before I went to Italy with Elias. I didn't understand the depths of his curiosity or what he would be interested in in London.