Chapter 23

It had been a week since Y/N was found. The marauders coming to visit her whenever they could and the girls coming when she was alone. One thing that never changed was that Sirius stayed by her side whenever he wasn't in lessons but even then he missed the ones he didn't exactly care about.
"Sirius you should go I will make sure that when she wakes up you will be the first to know," Madam Pomfrey told him as she poured medicine into a cup next to her bedside table covered in flowers, chocolates, and cards made by some Slytherin's but mainly all the Gryffindor's. Sirius looked down at Y/N who was now getting medicine poured down her throat and then back at Madam Pomfrey.
"Please Madam tell me when she wakes up," Sirius said uncertainly.
"I will now you should see your friends and catch up on homework Sirius," Pomfrey said to him as she shooed him out.

As Sirius entered the Gryffindor common room he saw all the elder Gryffindors's and his friends all sitting there talking.
"Sirius, how is she?" Lily asked as soon as she saw him.
"I don't know. She's still not waking up," He told her as all the others asked him questions about Y/N. Once he finished talking to everyone he went down to his dorm, showered, and got changed. The rest of the Marauders entered the dorm to see Sirius.
"Padfoot? How are you?" James asked worriedly as he had barely seen his best friend for a week.
"I'm fine," Sirius said as he rushed through his homework.
"Sirius? SIRIUS! Take a break," Peter told Padfoot getting him away from his work.
"No I can't I will do this work and then I'm going back to see her," Padfoot told the boys.
"Then we're gonna come as well okay?" Remus told him. Sirius looked up confused. He agreed and then all the boys were soon helping each other and talking as they usually did.

Once he finished all the work he went back to the hospital wing with all the boys and saw Regulus and Andromeda there.
"Reggie, has she woke up yet?" Sirius asked hopefully.
"No. Not yet," Regulus told his brother as if it was something he usually said now.
"Hi, boys," Andromeda said to James, Remus, and Peter when she saw them.
"Hey Andromeda, what exactly did you find out about Y/N when you found her?" Remus asked.
"When I felt her face and arm they were warm so only if we got there earlier we might've seen who else was there with her. And I heard Slughorn tell McGonagall and Dumbeldore that dark magic was used on her," She replied.
"Dark magic? As in The... The dark lord," Sirius lowered his voice.
"They think it was him. Her brother was there with her that night. One of the Ravenclaws told me," Andromeda told them all.
"And he hasn't been here at all to visit her?" Sirius pieced it all together.
"He must be banned from seeing her," Regulus added on.
"In case anything else happens to her here they can rule him out," Remus joined all the dots.
As they were all talking they heard coughing behind them.
"Madam Pomfrey? We need you here it's Y/N," Remus called out to the nurse. Sirius looked at Y/N and sat down on the chair beside the bed , James and Peter glanced at each other unsure on what to do.

"Children please make room. I need space to work in and Y/N also needs space," Madam Pomfrey told them all as she came to the wing with a tray full of equipment. All students moved back as they were told other than Sirius. Madam Pomfrey poured a substance down Y/N's throat whilst pouring water for her and left a jar beside the water.
"Madam Pomfrey, what happened?" Regulus asked her as she began to leave.
"It's good news. She's slowly waking up, soon she will be fully awake," Poppy replied smiling.

As the night carried on, Sirius made sure that he never left her side in case she woke up.
"What the hell are you two doing here?" Sirius stood up as Lucius and Narcissa walked in.
"She is... she was my best friend Sirius and I was worried about her okay," Narcissa told him.
"Okay, what about... that thing," He asked Narcissa as he jerked his head in Lucius' direction.
"Rude. Haven't your parents taught you manners? And anyways I do still care about her even though you might not believe me," Lucius replied to Sirius annoyed.
"Hmm. Your right I don't believe you. Why are you actually here Malfoy?" Sirius asked once more.
"I'm telling the truth but also Tom wants to know how she is, given that he isn't allowed to visit her. Which if I must say is stupid," Lucius gave up. Sirius gave him a death stare before sitting down again.
"No one asked for your opinion so just keep them to yourself," Sirius said. Lucius and Narcissa stayed for only a few minutes asking Sirius all sorts of questions about what happened and how she was doing before leaving again.

It must've been midnight by the time Sirius fell asleep holding Y/N's hand before he woke up again to the sound of uncontrollable coughing. Instantly, he woke up and saw Y/N lying there with one hand on her chest coughing and her other hand clutching Sirius'.
"Y/N? Y/N you'll be fine," Sirius got up instantly and got the water beside her and gave her the cup. Y/N drank the water whilst Sirius called out for the nurse. Poppy Pomfrey entered the wing in her nightgown and a lantern.
"Exactly when did she begin to wake up?" She asked him whilst checking Y/N's temperature.
"I...I don't know like 10, 15 minutes ago," He replied in a rush.
"Stay with her, if anything else happens or if she says anything tell me right away," Madam Pomfrey told him leaving a jug of water beside them.
"Of course Madam Pomfrey," Sirius said to her trying to make sure she left.

Once she left Sirius sat on the bed beside Y/N so that he's facing her.
"Oh Y/N please say that you're okay," he whispered to her.
Y/N chuckled. " Well, what did you expect. I am Y/N Riddle. You can't get rid of me that easily," She said weakly. Sirius laughed and wrapped his arms around her neck.

"I'm just glad that your finally awake," He whispered to her as tears fell down his face.
"Hey, hey don't cry because of me, you soppy git ," Y/N told him as they both laughed. Sirius lifted his head up and kissed her forehead.
"Do you remember anything about that night?" Sirius asked her once Y/N sat up in bed properly.
"I... I remember pieces very faintly. The voice I remember, the first voice," She said dazed trying to remember what happened a week ago to her.
"Voice? Y/N, what voice?" Sirius was now worried for her.
"It called out to me when Andromeda was talking to me. I'm a complete idiot for following it," Y/N said to him quietly.
"Y/N, why didn't you come and tell us first?" He sighed.
"I don't know what happened. I can't remember much it's coming back in pieces," She told him.
"How come you were here anyway?" She asked him confused as she looked at the clock.
"Don't worry about that, come here," He pulled her closer to him and kissed the top of her head.

————————————————————————
As ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴇʟʟ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ɪɴsᴘᴏ sᴏ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀɪᴇs.
~ ʏ/ɴ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ❤️