Chapter 9

"Sirius why bring me out here. Especially during lunch?" Regulus asked his older brother.
"Right sorry, Y/N?" Sirius asked with a concerned expression on his face.
"Yes what about her?"
"Is she okay? You know her and Malfoy?"

"I... I'm not sure. Before they were arguing but," Before Regulus could finish he was caught off guard by Y/N running out of the Great Hall.
"Y/N wait!" Regulus called after her

As the bell for lesson four went, Everyone began to pile out of the hall. Sirius had caught up to the other Marauders and told them all about what had just happened.
"Wait so you walked over and saw Y/N and Malfoy arguing?" Remus asked as they walked to History of Magic.
"Yeah. I think something else. Something much more serious is going on." Sirius told them.
"Are you sure Padfoot?" James asked as they walked in.
"Positive," Sirius said.

When all four boys walked Y/N had already sat down at the front of Professor Brianna Newton's class. She was their only ghost teacher. Besides her sat Lily Evans and on the desk next to her were Sirius and James.

"Good morning third years. I hope you all had a good summer break but now you are all back  we are going to be looking at the history of the houses." She said floating around the classroom, "Today we will learn about the history of Slytherin House. Does anyone already know a few facts they would like to share?" As nobody put their hand up Newton continued the lesson.

"Pssst, Y/N," James had called her
"Yes? What is it?" Y/N asked in a hushed voice
"Are you okay? It's just we saw you run out of lunch before." James had asked
"I'm fine." She replied but after a pause she added, " Thank you for asking though."

With only 20 minutes left of the lesson Y/N decided to do a bit of magic.
"Incendio," she said under her breath whilst aiming two fingers at the books on the Professors desk. They set fire. She knew Lily, James and Sirius were looking so she just smirked.
"How did you do that without a wand?" Lily asked her quiet enough so that only the four of them could here.
"Perks of being a Riddle I guess," Y/N replied