Chapter 20

As Y/N walked up into the Slytherin tower the portrait asked for the password.
"Salazar Slytherin," Y/N told the portrait as it slowly began to open. Inside the Slytherin common room, she saw Narcissa and Lucius talking and flirting once again.
"Didn't take you long did it?" Y/N walked up to Malfoy and Cissa. Caught by surprise Lucius looked back as Narcissa's face looked as if she was scared.
"What on earth do you mean? You broke up with me, remember," Lucius said to Y/N standing up.
"Yes and it was the best decision I have ever made," Y/N said to him smirking.
"Don't you ever undermine me, Riddle," Lucius took hold of her arm and whispered in her ear.
Y/N chuckled and took her arm away," I think you forgot who I am," Y/N turned around and addressed the rest of the room, " As most of you know my brother, the dark lord, is in school so I will just watch how you speak to me or anyone I am friends with or care about. If you so much as give them the wrong look you will have me to answer to. Understand?"
She turned back to Malfoy and pushed him back while she put her wand at his neck.
"You are pathetic! Writing to my brother but not telling him the reason I moved dorms in the first place. I mean who does that? I expect you will be the one to tell him won't you, given the fact that you wrote to him first without explaining anything or telling the actual reason. If you don't I will tell him instead and I think we both know how that will end, don't we. I expect him to know by the time he leaves," Y/N lowered her wand from his neck. As she began to walk away Lucius grabbed her arm again trying to stop her from leaving. Without thinking Y/N punched him in the face and left. Silence surrounded the room and eyes were fixed on Y/N as she walked out of the tower.

"Y/N! Y/N RIDDLE GET BACK HERE YOU FOUL, EVIL, LITTLE GIT!" Lucius bellowed as he chased after her whilst his nose was dripping with blood.
"Nope. Not. A. Chance," She told him smiling as she carried on walking unphased.
"Protego," Y/N muttered the counter spell under her breath to protect her from any oncoming spells. From a distance, she saw Sirius looking for her as did Lucius. Malfoy smiled and instantly knew what to say to her.
"Y/N? Looks like you have somewhere to be given your little protege is looking for you," Lucius told Y/N smugly. Instantly, she turned around and began to walk towards Malfoy.
"Accio," Y/N said with her wand pointing at his, making his wand fly to her, " If you so much as touch him I will kill you."
"Of course you would. Given you two spend so much time together, I mean anyone would suspect something was going on, Y/N. Unless something is going on," Lucius said to her slyly.
"Well, your wrong, as usual. He's just a friend and unlike you, nothing is going on between us, I don't try to get into a relationship as soon as I get out of one,  Lucius Abraxas Malfoy," She said to him frustrated.
"Oh well, I guess you won't mind if I just pay him a quick visit if he's just a friend."
"Do that then he won't talk to you. We both know that he despises you." Sirius found Y/N but noticed she was with Lucius.
"What the bloody hell is she doing now?" Sirius asked himself as he watched from a distance. He could see Y/N holding two wands and arguing with Lucius.

Lucius and Y/N saw that he had found them. In a heartbeat, Lucius was getting closer to Y/N. "Please Lucius I'm begging you don't touch him. Please don't do this. Don't make this any more worse than it already is Lucius. It's the one thing I ask from you," Y/N whispered to him, dropping his wand with tears forming in her eyes. It was too late. He already set off with his wand and ran in Sirius' direction.
Y/N turned around with tears rolling down her face and shouted at Lucius, " PLEASE LUCIUS I AM BEGGING YOU LEAVE HIM OUT OF IT! PLEASE!" Sirius looked straight at Y/N as she looked at him with a terrified look on her face. Lucius was getting closer to him.
"SIRIUS RUN HE GOING AFTER YOU. RUN!" She screamed at him. Y/N ran down the moving stairs trying to catch up to Lucius but he was out of her reach. The winding staircase kept moving around slowing Y/N down. By the time she reached the two boys, they were dueling.
"INCENDIO!" Y/N shouted with her making her wand go in a circular motion. A fire ring surrounded Lucius and Sirius. Y/N stepped into the ring and pointed her wand at Malfoys' legs.
"Locomotor Mortis," Y/N now made his legs bind together.
"Stupefy,"  Now he'ss unconscious. Lucius lay on the ground whilst the fire burnt out. Immediately, Y/N ran to Sirius and hugged him. Y/N's hand went around the back of his neck whilst his hands went around her back.

"Please don't hate me. I tried to stop him from hurting you he wouldn't listen to me. I tried, I mean it. I'm sorry," Y/N told him as she looked at him.
"Did he hurt you?" He asked her. He pulled her away and check for any cuts or bruises.
"No no, he didn't what about you?" She replied, "Was that him? On your arm, the cut?" She asked him whilst rolling up his sleeve.
"Hey, hey it doesn't matter as long as your okay," He pulled back in for a hug, her hands around his waist whilst he held her head.
He placed his chin on her head and said, " Merlin if anything happened to you I would lose my freakin mind."
"Me too I don't know how much you saw but he went after you to get back at me. I put you in danger next time it'll probably be James or Remus or Lily or Peter or Mary or Molly or perhaps even Regulus. I can't put the people I care about in danger like that it's not fair on you guys," Y/N told him as she buried her face into his shirt. The pair of them heard footsteps running near them.
"What in Merlins' name have you done to him!" It was Narcissa. She saw Lucius on the ground and looked straight at her cousin and Y/N. "It was you weren't it. MERLIN, YOU ARE A MONSTER!" She shouted at Y/N as Sirius and Y/N both stared at Lucius and Narcissa.
"He had it coming Narcissa shame I didn't do it sooner. And he isn't dead just unconscious. You really are fooled by him, aren't you? Take him back to the dorm his wands on the floor," Y/N said to her. Narcissa looked at them in disgust.

Sirius had his arm around Y/N whilst Y/N had her arms around him still whilst they walked off in the opposite direction, towards the courtyards.
"Did Regulus tell you then? About what I did last year? It isn't something I'm proud of, I swear," Y/N asked Sirius as they walked outside.
"Yeah, he did. Why though, did it happen I mean?" Sirius said to her.
"I wish I knew. I felt it this time though. The anger, the same feeling that I had last time it happened. That was the main reason why I left the dorm earlier and headed for the Astronomy tower, I knew nobody would be up there. I didn't want to hurt anyone this time especially all of you lot given all of you have been so kind to me," She told him as they lay down on the grass next to each other.
"Regulus told me to leave it but I didn't listen, he told me about what happened thinking it would stop me. But it didn't of course," He said to her as he put his robe over them both.
"Well, I guess you're more interesting than I thought you were. Going after someone you might lash out at any second. Brave," She teased.
"Oh, and you have more secrets by the minute like you almost tried to set your dorm on fire. Who'd of guessed ay?" He laughed.
"Excuse me? At least I am not afraid to speak my mind."
"That is not true. Who told you that?" He laughed.
"Nobody, why was someone supposed to tell me or not?" Y/N laughed
"Okay alright, you made your point Y/N," He said sarcastically as Y/N carried on laughing at him. The two of them spoke and teased each other until dusk hit fell when eventually Y/N had fallen asleep on  Sirius' chest and Sirius fell asleep with his hand around her under the night sky.