Chapter 10

Janelle

Friday night

It's the day of Jaden's "legendary" party. Right now, Lana is at my house. We're driving to the party together. This is gonna be my first party and Valley Ridge High School. And the schools so called "bad boy" is running it.

Lana already had her party outfit on which was a tight, sparkly black and white dress that stops a little above her knees. Her short blonde-brown hair was wavy. She had on a little black eye shadow, and black high heels. She looked fabulous. "I can't wait for this party." Lana said staring at herself in the mirror.

"Yeah me to." I said as I roamed my hands around the clothes in my closet. I didn't know what to expect at this party, so I don't even know what to wear.

"Hey. Wasn't Logan supposed to be riding with us?" Lana asked, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah, but for some reason he's not answering my phone calls or responding to my texts. I'll talk to him at the party." I said.

I smiled as I finally thought of something to wear. I pulled out a red, long sleeved crop top, black skinny jeans, and timberlands boots. I put walked to my bathroom and plugged in my curling wand. I curled my hair and put on a little black eye shadow. I finished the outfit with the teddy bear diamond necklace that Logan won for me.

I walked out of my bathroom and back into my bedroom. I stood in front of Lana and spun around so she could see a full view of my outfit. "Oh my gosh. You look great Janelle." Lana said, hoping off of my bed.

"Thank you. Now let's go to this party." I said, grabbing my black Coach purse and putting it around my body.

Lana and I walked down the dark stairway. My dad had to be at work late, so he probably won't be home until about 11:00. I'm probably coming home at that time or little bit afterwards.

I already told my dad I was going to this party. He didn't mind me going, but of course he told me to be careful and don't drink and don't get wild and all that other shit.

Lana and I walked through the living room and out of the front door. Lana got inside her car and I climbed into the passenger seat.

Lana had a black BMW car. It was pretty nice on the outside, but the inside was a whole different story. The back seat was junked up with paper, fast food bags, shoes, shopping bags, magazines, school textbooks, and a whole bunch of other crap. But at least she had a car. I've been wanting a car for a don't even know how long. I'm 16, about to turn 17 years old and I have a drivers license, but ever since my parents divorced, my dad has just never had enough money to buy me a car.

Lana and I stayed silent for most of the car ride, but it wasn't awkward, thank goodness. When we arrived at Jaden's house, we could already hear music blasting through out the house. There were about 3 people outside on the front lawn literally passed out.

Lana and I slowly stepped out of the car. My eyes widened as I turned around to see a huge mansion towering in front of me. "This is the biggest house I've ever seen." I said in astonishment.

"Yeah. Well lets go. We don't have time to waste!" Lana grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me into the house.

My eyes explored all over the huge living room flooded with high school students. Many people were dancing and when I say dancing, I practically mean grinding on each other- to the music and others were talking or drinking.

Lana and I walked further into the house. This place was amazing. I've never been to a party with this many people. Like the entire school is here.