Chapter 28

Chocolate_queen19 is amazing for the banner!! Follow her she's amazing!! Love youuu!
_

I breathed hard as I tried to catch my breath from the laughter that just escaped from me. "This never gets old." I said, wiping my the tears from my face as I got done laughing.

My dad chuckled at me. "Janelle, it really wasn't that funny." He said.

"That's because your old." I said.

I was currently laughing at my favorite Disney movie, The Incredibles. The funniest scene, when Dash and his mom were in the principles office because Dash put a tack in the teachers chair.

"This little rat is guilty!" The teacher yelled in the movie as I burst out laughing again.

I then heard my phone buzz, stopping my laughter. I picked up my phone, and saw that I had gotten a text from Jaden. I rolled my eyes and a weird pang jolted through my stomach as his name appeared on my phone.

I sighed and looked at his message.

Jaden: Janelle can you come over

Me: um no...I'm watching a movie with my dad

I didn't really want anything to do with Jaden, not after he just randomly, out of blue kissed me like he did. And plus, I'm not going to miss my movie to come over his house. If it wasn't clear to him, I've been trying to ignore him lately. And it's not working out so good. What does he constantly want from me all the time? I tired of running after him.

Jaden: please Janelle. I need to talk to you

Me: there's nothing to talk about

Jaden: yes there is Janelle. Just please

I sighed at his last message and without responding, I clicked my phone off and got off the couch. "Dad, I gotta go somewhere. I'll be right back." I told him.

"Where are you going?" He asked with concern in his tone.

"To a friends house." Jaden was nowhere near my friend, but I needed a convincing word to say to my dad.

"Alright be careful." He said.

I nodded and walked out of the house. The cool wind hit me as I stepped out of the front door and I hugged my arms around myself. I was only wearing a tank top and sweatpants, but I could care less. I didn't need to impress Jaden.

It was a little windy, but I didn't feel like going back to get a jacket.

Ugh. I wish I had a car. I thought to myself as I walked down the side walk. Sometimes I get a little sick of walking everywhere I go. I'm about to turn 17. I'm sick of not having a car.

I mentally sighed, shaking the thought to the back of my head.

It was about 5 minutes later when I arrived at Jaden's house. I rung the doorbell and about one second later, Jaden already answered the door. I gave him a weird look. "Um-" I stopped when Jaden grabbed my left wrist and yanked me inside the house. "Hey!" I snatched my arm away from his grip.

"Sit down." He ordered, pointing to the couch.

I scoffed. "No." I said.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up over his shoulder. "Hey! What the hell are you doing? Put me down!" I yelled in protest.

He carefully plopped me down on the couch and he sat next to me. He looked down at his hands. I looked at him...stared at him. My eyes looked at his face. Snapping out my daze, I spoke. "So why am I here?" I finally asked.

Jaden looked away from his hands and at me. "My sister died." He quietly blurred out.

My jaw slightly dropped and a pained feeling just shot through me as those words came out of his mouth. "W-what?" I said, still in shock.

He sighed. "Skyler, the girl in the picture in my room, the girl I told you about, the one that went missing...my sister. My parents got a call last week and was told that she was killed." Jaden took a long pause before shutting his eyes and taking a deep breath. "S-she was kidnapped and was killed, Janelle." He said.

I looked down, not knowing what to do. "Jaden...I'm sorry." I said.

"Skyler was the best sister I could ever ask for. She was years younger than me, but I loved her. She w-"

I interrupted Jaden, putting my hand on his. I looked down at our hands and slowly intertwined our fingers. I didn't know what I doing, but I felt like it needed to be done at a time like this.

I've never seen Jaden so hurt. Being told that his little sister was kidnapped and killed, that's really hard. I didn't know what to think. I just wanted to make Jaden better in any way possible. "It's okay." I said softly.

"It's not." He said.

"It is. She-she's in a better place, and..." I am really bad at moments like this. I didn't know what to say. Why did he call me over here? Why was I the person he wanted to tell this? Why did he all of a sudden kiss me the other day? "I um...I really don't-"

I was interrupted when Jaden turned around and crashed his lips on mine. My eyes went extremely wide from the shock.

What is he doing? I thought as his lips moved against mine.

"Mmmm." My words muffled against his lips. Hoping that he would pull away from me, he didn't. He continued to kiss me.

He then brought up his hands and wrapped them around my waist. It's like he doesn't realize that I want him to get off of me.

I then lifted my hands and shoved his chest, making his lips un-connect with mines. I looked at him wide eyed. "Why do you keep doing that?" I asked him. I know Jaden is upset right now, but I need to know why the hell he keeps doing these pop up kisses.

He ran his ran his fingers through his hair and got up from the couch. "I don't know." He said, his hands now on the back of his neck.

I rubbed in between my eyes, trying to process everything. I got up from the couch. "Jaden, I'm sorry about your sister and I hope you feel better. But I really have to go." I said.

I looked at him for a while before turning around and walking towards the door.

"Janelle wait." He called out.

I turned around and looked at him. "Yes?"

He starred at me for a while. "I think...I think I um..." He began.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Spit it out, Jaden." I said.

"I think I have feeling for you." He blurted out quickly.

I instantly paused, and brain did too.
__________________________________

Ooooooo!! Sorry for the extremely long wait. I've just been busy!

But anyway...what to you guys think? There is more to come. The book will be ending pretty shortly, but fear not. :-)

Anyway please enter the cover contest! Thanks!