Chapter 29

Thank you so much, chocolate_queen19 for the amazing totally awesome banner!! Love youuu!
_

Jaden

Maybe I'm going crazy, I thought as I walked down the hallway, biology textbook in hands. Maybe I need to just sit down and think about myself. Or maybe I can just get a fake ID, go to a club, and drink off my problems. Nah, if my parents found out they would kill me...but who cares about my parents? They're on a business trip. And even if they find out, it wouldn't-

"Jaden!" I heard a voice yell my name. I looked in front of me and saw fingers snapping in front of my face. "Snap out of it, Jaden. What's wrong with you?" Kelsey said. Her blonde hair in a bun with two strands of hair out on both sides of her face. She was wearing a pink crop top, a jean jacket, and blue jeans. She put her hands on my shoulders and looked at me with concern. "You've been acting really weird lately. Are you alright? Do you need to she the guidance counselor?"

"What? No. I don't need to see a guidance counselor." I said to Kelsey.

She gave me a weak smile. "I was just kidding about the counselor." She said. "But seriously. What's wrong with you?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Ok well...it's my parents anniversary today and...they're going out to dinner tonight and...I don't wanna be alone so can I come over tonight?" She said, giving me a convincing smile.

"Uh sure." I said. "I gotta get to class." I leaned down to give her a quick kiss before jetting off to class.

I opened the door to my biology class and I was instantly greeted with an annoying, screech-like voice. "You're late!!" I looked at the frail old lady with the clipboard in her hand. She had pale skin, and grey and brown mixed hair, but mostly grey. She wore a red dress shirt and black plants. She must be the new teacher. I can already tell she's going to be a new Mr. Lackmon.

"Okay." I simply said, walking to my seat.

She gave me a weird look. "'Okay'? That's all you have to say for yourself?" She asked me.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Sorry?" I said in an unsure tone.

She threw her clipboard on the floor, making everyone jump. "That's it! Detention! This afternoon! Show up on time, or it's triple detention!" She yelled.

"What happened to double detention?" I asked. Everybody laughed at my comment, although it wasn't meant to be that funny. I seriously wanted to know what happened to double detention.

She glared at me for a while before speaking. "Go take your seat." She said quietly, bending down the pick up her clipboard.

I walked to my seat and sat down. I looked around the room and saw Janelle was looking at me, but once my eyes landed on her, she quickly turned her head.

I mentally sighed and buried my head in my arms and got ready for my nap.
~~~~~~

I walked out of the detention room and took out my phone. I saw that I had 4 missed calls from Kelsey and a couple of texts. I called Kelsey's number and she instantly picked up. "Jaden I've been standing outside of your door for half an hour! Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. One of the teachers gave me detention and I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. Just hurry up. It's windy out here." She said.

"Okay." I hung up and got into my black mustang. I started the car up and began driving, going a little over the speed limit.

I was about two minutes away from my house when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw red and blue flashing lights following behind me. I let out a deep sigh. "Great." I pulled over and rested my forehead on the steering wheel.

I let down the window as the police officer approach my window. "License and registration please." He told me.

I took my wallet out of my back pocket and opened it, searching for my license. Credit card, debit card, ATM card... My heart started to beat faster when I didn't find my license. Credit card, debit card, ATM card. I repeated, going through my cards. Still no license. I must of left it at home.

I slowly turned towards the police officer. "Um. I don't... I don't have...my license." I said.

He paused for a while before speaking. "Step out of the car, sir." He said.

"Why?"

"Step out of the car, sir." He repeated.

I sighed and opened the door. I stepped out of the car and put my hands behind my back, already knowing what was about to happen. The officer took out his hand cuffs, locked me in, and guided me to the police car.

Can anything...get any worse?
~~~~~~

Janelle

I walked up to Jaden's driveway, hesitant about what I was doing. I figured I should maybe talk to Jaden. I don't know why, it just feels like both of us need to get things off our chests.

When I walked up to his doorstep, to my surprise, Katelynn was sitting criss cross in front of the door. She looked up at me and gave me a look of disgust, but quickly wiped it off. "I'm why are you here?" She asked me.

"I needed to talk to Jaden. Why are you here?" I asked.

She gave me a weird look. "Because I'm his girlfriend." She said.

I sighed. "Kelsey. I know you're pissed at me, and if I were you, I would be pissed too, but I need to tell you that-"

"I don't wanna hear it." She said.

"Just let me-"

"I don't want to-"

"I WAS DRUNK WHEN I KISSED JADEN!" I yelled. I was really getting tired of her interrupting me before I could speak. She froze and stared at me. "Okay? It was a mistake. I was drunk. Do you understand?" I said.

Kelsey looked down for a while, then stood her feet. Surprisingly, she pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry." She said. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She said o we again. "You're not a slut. I'm so sorry for everything." She said.

"It's okay I guess. But you wouldn't even let me explain." I told her.

"I know. I'm sorry." She sighed and let go of me. "Can we please be friends and forget about the shit. Please." She said.

I weakly smile. "Sure." I felt a pang in my stomach as I remembered when Jaden told me he had feelings for me. Kelsey would be crushed. I can see in her eyes that she really likes Jaden and I don't want her to get hurt like Ariel did. I just keep it to myself.

"So why we're sitting down earlier?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh I was supposed to come over but he never came home. And he had detention and he said he'd be right over, but he hasn't come yet." She explained.

I frowned. "That's weird. Lemme call him." I took out my phone, clicking on Jaden's contact and calling him. Of course he didn't answer. "No answer." I said.

"Lemme try." Kelsey pulled out her phone and dialed Jaden's number. "Hello?" I guess he answered. "What?" She said in a worried tone. "I'm on my way." Kelsey hung up and quickly put her phone back in her pocket.

"What's going on?" I asked.

She looked at me with worry. "Jaden's been arrested."
___________________________________
Love you
Comment
Vote
Cover contest