Chapter 20

Ariel

I unlocked the front door to my house and instantly heard the loud noises of my wild and annoying brothers.

"Ariels home!!" I heard my little brother Aden yell from upstairs.

Then I heard a stampede of footsteps stumble down the stairs.

"Ariel! Heads up!" Another one of my little brothers, Ethan yelled. Then suddenly, a football hit me right in the middle of my head.

It bounced off and landed on the floor. I looked at Ethan with a convincing death glare before pushing past my brothers and going upstairs. "I said heads up." Ethan called out from behind me.

I have 4 little brothers. And it is an absolute pain. All of them are pains in the asses.

From oldest to youngest, it's
Shawn: 13 years old
Ethan: 11 years old
Aden: 10 years old
Adam: 8 years old

I rolled my eyes at my immature brothers as I opened the door to my room and slung my purse on the dresser in the room.

I climbed up the ladder leading to my top bunk on the set of bunk beds in my room.

Yup, that's right. I share rooms with Shawn. Even though he's the oldest at 13, he's still annoying and immature. There aren't many rooms in the house, so the majority of us share rooms.

My top bunk bed had lime green covers, purple pillows, and two stuffed animals lying on the bed. The wall area was decorated with R5 posters and family pictures.

On Shawn's bottom bunk, his bed had blue covers, red pillows, a video game controller, a basketball, some stinky socks, his phone, his phone charger, and a plate with a slice of half eaten pepperoni pizza from last night on it. Shawn, as well as the rest of my brothers are very messy. But I'm used to it.

I've always hated being the only girl of the house. I feel like I don't even fit in at my own home. With a bunch of boys around you, everywhere you turn, it's kind of annoying.

My mom left us when I was 9, only 1 year after Adam was born. When she left, I was sad, and mad. I mean, of course I loved her. She's my mother. But she just ditched our family. I don't know what the problem was, and I don't care to know. But how could she leave five kids alone with a man that barely knows anything about taking care of children. None of us really know where she went, but we've never seen her since.

Growing up, I used to always dance around in my room for fun. My brothers would always tease me about it and tell me that I suck at dancing. But I never cared. Dancing was something that I really loved to do and I actually wanted to start a career in it. I wanted to be a choreographer/dance studio owner.

My dad would always tell me that I should never waste my life on something like dancing. He used to tell me why would I dance when I could open a textbook and study. He always tells me to study hard and get all A's on every assignment I receive.

So with my dad doubting me and my brothers bugging me about how I couldn't dance, I decided to switch and focus on school a little bit more.

By the time I was in high school, I was always the smartest kid in my class, we'll accept for Logan. But just because I was a smart girl didn't mean I liked to have fun and live like an actual teenager.

I would get invited to every high school party. I loved it. They used to be so much fun. I used to sit at the so called "popular" table and hang out at the mall with all my friends everyday after school.

And one day at a party, the prefect boy asked me out. Jaden Wilson was- and still is- the cutest and baddest boy at school. All the girls practically droll over him. When he asked me out at one of those parties, I felt like the most important girl in the world. I knew it wasn't that big of a deal, but I felt like royalty to be dating the Jaden Wilson.

Everyday, Jaden and I would hold hands and walk down the hallway. When he kissed me on the cheek, my skin would heat up to the point I felt like it was gonna practically burn off of my face. Whenever I looked into the brownish-green eyes, I would loose every word in my vocabulary and I could feel myself melt into his warm features.

I thought Jaden and I really had something going on. I really liked him and I thought he really liked me. But who would have ever thought that I would see him and Kelsey McFord kissing in the back hall. He cheated on me, for Kelsey. I always knew she was better than me. I should've known that Jaden was gonna cheat on me. It was a no-brainer.

But when I found out he was cheating on me, I was so heartbroken. Have you ever been cheated on? Well trust me. It's not a good feeling at all. It just feels like you meant nothing to the person. I guess I was nothing to Jaden when he was everything to me.

I spent all of my life with people doubting me, people telling me that I could never do the things I want. So when I saw that Jaden just liberally go behind my back and kiss another girl, I felt like a piece of living crap.

And ever since then, I hid behind books and continued to study and focus on school. I wore nerd glasses, and never really talked much. I soon began to realize and have many insecurities. Like my freckles make my face look stupid, I'm too tall for a girl, and other things that I hate about myself.

I became shy and insecure and the only friends I had were Reese and Taylor, who are probably not even my friends anymore ever since I acted like a bitch at the movies last night.

Sometimes, I just wanna start life over, just erase all the stupid decisions I've made like trying to start a dance career and dating Jaden. Maybe if I had done things differently, I wouldn't be here, sapping about my stupid life.

"ARIEL!" The annoying voice of Adam finally popped me out of my horrible back track of my life.

I turned around to face my youngest brother who had a sad face expression. "What Adam?" I asked.

"I think Puddles died." He said. Puddles is Adams gold fish that he's only had for 2 weeks. "He's floating upside down." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Flush it down the toilet or something." I said.

"But Puddles is my favorite fish." He said.

"Flush it down the toilet Adam." I told him once again.

"But Puddles was so fun."

"Flush it down the toilet." I repeated again, with a slight sign of annoyance crossing my tone.

"But Puddles was-"

"Adam! Puddles is dead! He's gone! Say bye to it and flush it down the toilet! Okay!?" I finally yelled at him.

"You're a meanie!" He yelled before storming out of my room.

I sighed and plopped my back down on my bed.

"Bye Puddles. Have a good time in Heaven." I heard Adam say from the bathroom and then the toilets flush afterwards.
__________________________________

Hey hey! Sorry about the long update. So now you know Ariels back story. You will definitely be seeing a little bit more of her throughout the story.

Please vote and comment! Thanks! Love you all.