Chapter 5

Today, on my 3rd day of school, I walked in the schools double doors and walked down the hallway.

Today, I wore jean shorts, black Jordan 11's, and a neon pink sweatshirt. I didn't wear any of my fancy crop tops today just in case someone else decides to spill beer on me or dump the schools meatloaf on me.

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking to Logan today. I walked down the hallway and straight to Logan's locker.

I wasn't waiting for anything. I don't care if I'm late for stupid Ms. Johnson's class. I want to talk to Logan and I will talk to him right now.

Logan's locker was on the very end of the hallway, so I had a lot of freaking walking to do. I rolled my eyes at the long walk.

'Why is his locker so damn far down?' I thought to myself.

When I reached his locker, I saw him pulling out his math textbook. I quickly walked in front of him and slammed his locker shut. "You have some explaining to do." I said to him with a serious look and a serious tone.

"Look, I'm sorry I ditched you yesterday, but I don't have time to-"

"You will explain and you will explain right now." I said, not taking no for an answer.

He sighed in frustration. I could tell I was annoying him, but I frankly don't care. "I don't wanna talk about it okay." He said quietly and getting ready to walk away.

I grabbed his hand to stop him from walking away. He looked down at our connected hands and smirked. I could feel his skin getting warm and I smirked after that. I slowly let go of his hand. "Please Logan. I'm your friend and I don't want to see you hurt. I'm trying to let you open up and tell me what's wrong." I explain.

He looked into my eyes and sighed. He took me by the arm and pulled me to the far corner of the hallway. "Look, I trust you so I'm gonna tell you something that nobody knows."

"Okay." I said with his full attention.

"My parents died when I was 10. It was a car accident. I was in the same exact car when the accident happened. I didn't die but both of my parents did. I live with my aunt and uncle now. That's why when you were talking about your parents yesterday, it made me think about mines. And I felt bad."

As I listened to Logan, my heart sank in my chest. I can't believe he lost both of his parents in a car accident that he actually witnessed. "I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay. But can we not bring this up again?" He asked me looking down."

"Okay." I understood that he didn't like talking about it. Now I feel kind of bad that I pressured him into telling me. "C'mon, let's go to class." I said smiling at him.
~~~~~~

These past 3 days, I've already got to know that Logan is really nice.

Every now and then, I catch him staring at me a few times. And then he's always smirking at me, and telling me his-

My train of thoughts got interrupted as my phone rang. I was outside waiting and sitting on the school bench, waiting for my dad to arrive and pick me up. The wind blew in my hair and I took a loose part of it and put it behind my ear.

I pressed answer on my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Janelle." My dads voice spoke.

"Dad? Where are you? I've been waiting here for 15 minutes." I complained.

"I'm sorry, I had a late notice meeting with my boss, but I'm on the way." He said.

"Oh no. A meeting with your boss? Please don't tell me you go fired." I said, excepting the worst out of the situation.